• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

Putting these in a separate post.  They are all from the same artist, Aurelio Rigoni, out of Italy.  Another instagram find.  He was great to work with and pricing was beyond fair for the amount of art and quality.  The one con is that the shipping process was very new to him and despite explicitly telling and showing him how to ship the books securely there was some damage to the books in transit.  Sketch work is also new so there were some tape pulls on the books.  If anyone is interested in a 9.0 (Supergirl/Captain Marvel) or a 9.4 (Justice League Dark/Constantine) let me know and will sell them cheaply...very cheaply.   

37FD3D8D-C4AE-47EC-8075-CA344D5E254B_zpsB27A905E-A6E4-4151-A09A-DDC3A6A6B920_zps

55C38B76-BB00-4647-98C3-BE281C8840AB_zpsAA66DC0B-5B19-4EED-8EC0-4088BF6C8100_zps

81578FC5-1211-4A6C-B12C-BE6E084713D2_zps3C899A04-87C3-46C7-9AEC-EBB5781CAD49_zps

2A47B720-15BC-4240-B80A-1E6EB783B59B_zps59F8111D-28F6-4AAA-B814-F5550F0937A5_zps

68888B72-E6DB-4B0F-A987-31A9D08E2EE7_zps08F90D98-A644-4800-A885-FD56AF62FBB5_zps

EF7C1379-54DC-4818-921F-AB684AC21725_zps3B81DD8F-F7AF-4080-853F-042012E9418D_zps

64465DCA-25EB-4BB2-9CB9-A4D3255462BD_zps00965C96-F718-47B0-8988-5C34FF2478E8_zps

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I assume that we can put sketches we bought already graded in this thread?

I finally knocked a David Finch sketch off my list :banana:

I'm happy and I love the Claremont quote ;)

"I'm the best there is at what I do... but what what I do best isn't very nice." "Snikt!"

20190329_145321.jpg

Was eyeing that one as well....looking for the appropriate artist for mine apologies for the blurry pic

AEA707D0-F598-46A9-B80E-E45CE6CF0C59_zpsFEF1089C-7D16-4DEB-8A92-24955865B89C_zps

6 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

Was eyeing that one as well....looking for the appropriate artist for mine apologies for the blurry pic

FEF1089C-7D16-4DEB-8A92-24955865B89C_zps

Well lol thanks for letting me snag it (thumbsu

It's not an "inked" Finch sketch is my only complaint, but it is detailed enough pencil for me....

Oh and hope you find your artist hm

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well lol thanks for letting me snag it (thumbsu

It's not an "inked" Finch sketch is my only complaint, but it is detailed enough pencil for me....

Oh and hope you find your artist hm

That piece has to be a classic wolverine artist, I want Kubert but the expense is a hindrance.  

1 hour ago, ivdyer said:

Even better when they come back 9.8!

C064089A-01BA-4955-B214-5577DA10E337_zps

A8C66189-8D1D-49B8-A31A-56E704349ACE_zps0E1C32A9-7C1C-46AE-87B1-AE78F1FE327E_zps

i dunno how you do it man.  How do you find the contact details and see which artists are accepting commissions?  Or how do you even find out if artists are accepting commission/sketches at cons and put your name down on a list?

23 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

i dunno how you do it man.  How do you find the contact details and see which artists are accepting commissions?  Or how do you even find out if artists are accepting commission/sketches at cons and put your name down on a list?

I rarely do con commissions anymore as most are quick and I prefer larger/detailed pieces.  I am on the list for a few but those are for "home" commissions.  

For the WW I messaged Warren as soon as he posted it on IG.  He messaged back that it was available and I purchased it before he put it on his website.  We then discussed the back which was the first front and back he ever did.  I then asked later if he had any other covers available and he showed me a few that were available.  I chose the MJ because it was the best cover stock from images he sent to me.  

Most I contact via DM through IG.  They will either discuss availability themselves or point me to their handlers.  

IG has opened a lot of doors for overseas artists.  Warren is from South Africa, Gorken from Turkey, Chris Clark from London, Aury from Italy....all were contacted directly from IG.  I did a lot of legwork discussing the CGC process as most were not familiar.  

Edited by ivdyer

5 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

I rarely do con commissions anymore as most are quick and I prefer larger/detailed pieces.  I am on the list for a few but those are for "home" commissions.  

For the WW I messaged Warren as soon as he posted it on IG.  He messaged back that it was available and I purchased it before he put it on his website.  We then discussed the back which was the first front and back he ever did.  I then asked later if he had any other covers available and he showed me a few that were available.  I chose the MJ because it was the best cover stock from images he sent to me.  

Most I contact via DM through IG.  They will either discuss availability themselves or point me to their handlers.  

IG has opened a lot of doors for overseas artists.  Warren is from South Africa, Gorken from Turkey, Chris Clark from London, Aury from Italy....all were contacted directly from IG.  I did a lot of legwork discussing the CGC process as most were not familiar.  

Yeah, it's the "home" commissions I'm most interested in.  At this point I'd really like to get a Bagley "Spider-Man/Venom/Carnage" piece and then an Artgerm piece (if he even does commissions).  But it's good to know some of these artists are so easily accessible via social media.

On 4/3/2019 at 11:45 AM, ivdyer said:

How do you get CGC to accept these from a Artist out of the country with no witness? That’s always been on my mind as I purchase covers from artists on IG. Thx

5 hours ago, @Rogueiconic said:

How do you get CGC to accept these from a Artist out of the country with no witness? That’s always been on my mind as I purchase covers from artists on IG. Thx

I am NOT receiving these covers from the artists and shipping them to CGC. I provide the artist with a submission form and a CGC creator form which are included with the book. The book is sent directly to CGC from the artist. Which is the only way this can be done outside of using a CGC witness at a show.