• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

Here is one that I have been waiting to see and I am thrilled with how it has turned out. Original front sketch cover by Natali Sanders with a back cover by Ash Gonzales. Thank you to Ash and also @ivdyer for their work/help on this one so far. Now back to CGC.

WW Sanders and Gonzales.jpg

Saw this on his IG last night, turned out awesome.  Then I told him to get back to work on my covers....he has a back log of 6 that I know of.  

5 minutes ago, rrrxr6 said:

Ah I see the key now. I reached out to Chris Clarke before and got no response. I forgot to name drop @ivdyer :wink:

i know that he is accepting commissions.  I moved our early ETSY conversation to IG so you can try him on ETSY as well.  I would mention my name solely because I just posted his books on IG and is more aware of messages coming in at this time.  Trust me my name means nothing otherwise....just ask my wife.    

11 minutes ago, meshuggah said:

I'm curious if anyone knows a good way to contact David Finch and Dawn Mctiegue.  I've reached out to Dawn via Instagram but got no reply. 

comicsketchart.com      they handle Finch, he was taking sketch requests in March, not sure if it is filled up, nor do I know any other way to get it done but try it out at their site :foryou: 

On 4/16/2019 at 4:09 PM, Ron C. said:

Here is one that I have been waiting to see and I am thrilled with how it has turned out. Original front sketch cover by Natali Sanders with a back cover by Ash Gonzales. Thank you to Ash and also @ivdyer for their work/help on this one so far. Now back to CGC.

those are gorgeous! 

3 hours ago, meshuggah said:

I'm curious if anyone knows a good way to contact David Finch and Dawn Mctiegue.  I've reached out to Dawn via Instagram but got no reply. 

Dawn has a mailing list that she will announce commissions through. I've only seen her offering pre-show commissions this year so far.

On 4/16/2019 at 4:09 PM, Ron C. said:

Who is the  model that the  front cover is based on? 

18 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Who is the  model that the  front cover is based on? 

Natali has a tendency to base her female figures off herself to some degree.  Many of her female figures bare a resemblance to her.  I am not the first to notice as I have seen several comments across multiple social media platforms that say the same thing.  

8 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

Natali has a tendency to base her female figures off herself to some degree.  Many of her female figures bare a resemblance to her.  I am not the first to notice as I have seen several comments across multiple social media platforms that say the same thing.  

I had never heard of her before! Have I been missing out!

Not only is her art gorgeous: so is she!

<3

Underrated comic Stained #1 sketched by the creator Dave Baron. Hey, he's typically a colorist (darn good one for DC) so don't judge the art! Also just noticed the date error from CGC on the signature date, grrrrrr. >:(

wqeqwrqe.thumb.jpg.321094d1ef4e45be83a87c4ed41eea55.jpg

7 hours ago, Jking3437 said:

Congrats to whoever got those David finch Johnny d joker sketches off eBay tonight , I can only imagine we were all bidding against each other , I’ll probably see them in a week or 2 in here lol congrats again 

I bowed out, too high for me.