• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Will shamelessly plug Ash's new website ashgonzales.com with these two pieces.....

Breakfast Club.  As of this past weekend (kudos to @Kevlar) signed by the cast and now headed to CGC

4AA2BD11-F986-4F5F-8D72-2F31818340CF_zps

And I am speechless with this one.  Headed to Comicpalooza (me too!) for the Mother of Dragons.....

7D40B7CC-AB62-4A24-8F57-6D0FF8C687CC_zps

Wow! This Mother of Dragons cover rivals Ash's Planet of the Apes cover.... and that is hard to do!

49 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

Wow! This Mother of Dragons cover rivals Ash's Planet of the Apes cover.... and that is hard to do!

Caught him at a good time for that one.  Comicpalooza contacted him to do art for the VIP badges so he was already warmed up with her image before I asked him for a cover.  He also had never done a dragon and wanted to so the stars were aligned. 

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 4:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well lol thanks for letting me snag it (thumbsu

It's not an "inked" Finch sketch is my only complaint, but it is detailed enough pencil for me....

Oh and hope you find your artist hm

I know this post is a little old, but I'm just seeing it now.

I always prefer Finch's pencil sketches to his inked sketches.  They always look much cleaner to me.  I always feel you get a better representation of his professional work with a pencil sketch.  David is an amazing penciller and I like getting art from him in his preferred medium.

I'd say you got lucky. 

5 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I know this post is a little old, but I'm just seeing it now.

I always prefer Finch's pencil sketches to his inked sketches.  They always look much cleaner to me.  I always feel you get a better representation of his professional work with a pencil sketch.  David is an amazing penciller and I like getting art from him in his preferred medium.

I'd say you got lucky. 

Thanks Turtle :) that means a lot :foryou: I like it a lot, still some of the straightest or clear intent lines imo that I like about Finch ;)