• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

These finally arrived today. A huge thank you to @ivdyer and Ash Gonzales for helping me add back cover art to these books and getting the bump in grade. Of course, thank you to @FAKadar and Natali Sanders for two wonderful front covers.

WW Natali Sanders 98.jpg

Ash WW back 98.jpg

Kadar Batman Joker 98.jpg

Ash Batman back 98.jpg

Great books, always happy to help.  

I have been watching a few of these sketches for several months.  All from the same seller.  The prices have fluctuated from the ridiculous to still not worth it in my opinion.  Well, this one went up for auction with no reserve and finally got one at a more accurate price point. Its not the greatest sketch as it was done by the writer but when its Robert Kirkman I feel it was worth the investment.....

D05685A0-1F3D-417F-9CF1-CFE62B631424_zps

13 minutes ago, Jking3437 said:

Took forever but here is mattina 

DF88BEF7-44E0-4CBA-A7D0-00AA964BE162.jpeg

Mattina still has mine from NYCC last year.  He did not finish and it has been in limbo ever since.  Just received word that it should be finished by the end of next week.  

I emailed and emailed Scott’s collectibles over and over again, apparently sketch was done in December , said it was at cgc January thru April , finally emailed again, said cgc had it off to the side. Got it today, Scott’s sent it in express on May 9th , can’t be mad because they allowed me time payments , but I commissioned he art back in October , was paid off before the December 13th sketch event with mattina. 

1 hour ago, Jking3437 said:

I emailed and emailed Scott’s collectibles over and over again, apparently sketch was done in December , said it was at cgc January thru April , finally emailed again, said cgc had it off to the side. Got it today, Scott’s sent it in express on May 9th , can’t be mad because they allowed me time payments , but I commissioned he art back in October , was paid off before the December 13th sketch event with mattina. 

I paid for mine in full but it was on a CGC SS 9.8 blank signed by Stan so Dan from Scott’s wanted him to work on it last. He never got to it. He then worked on it later but I had paid extra for a little more finished sketch. Dan and I both agreed to let him work on it some more....it’s just taken this long for him to finish. Hope it truly is next week then the grueling wait to ship overseas and CGC process

On 5/16/2019 at 2:46 PM, Yoshi said:

2053007904_antmanmegatron.thumb.jpg.ebd271d09147136a7281c0e1b289b2dc.jpg

Ant-Man and G1 Transformers Megatron in alt-mode sketch cover by Randy Emberlin. I commissioned this piece at the Bellingham Comic Con and picked it up from him at Emerald City last March. 

Looks like Huffer in the scope???