• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Man kinda a waste getting at batman all blank cgc. When you could get a ot more sketches in the blank pages.

Yeah - you're right.  I totally wasted $2.99 + tax.  

I love the idea of a blank comic for sketches... for some reason, I thought CGC treated them differently. It might actually be the ideal canvas for sketch commissions with no color from the splash page showing through. Either way, if I am getting a sketch cover graded, there is no way I am sketching on any of the interior pages. Nice cover @DELTA 62!

49 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

To each their own. Let’s respect each other and look at the beauty of the sketch and not presume to know what is better. 

-I had one of those Batman Blank books done up- i actually requested the artist do a sketch on the cover and inside the book and not tell me what he did and then grade it-  i thought it would be fun to have a graded book with a mystery sketch in it-  the artist agreed to tell me what the sketch is in 10 years- like a fun time capsule- so im with ivdyer- to each their own- (plus i have an excuse to get ten more years worth of sketches from an artist-- good way to keep on top of a commissions list)

1 hour ago, MrWalkingDead said:

-I had one of those Batman Blank books done up- i actually requested the artist do a sketch on the cover and inside the book and not tell me what he did and then grade it-  i thought it would be fun to have a graded book with a mystery sketch in it-  the artist agreed to tell me what the sketch is in 10 years- like a fun time capsule- so im with ivdyer- to each their own- (plus i have an excuse to get ten more years worth of sketches from an artist-- good way to keep on top of a commissions list)

Actually a great idea. Very cool time capsule. 

6 hours ago, Ron C. said:

I love the idea of a blank comic for sketches... for some reason, I thought CGC treated them differently. It might actually be the ideal canvas for sketch commissions with no color from the splash page showing through. Either way, if I am getting a sketch cover graded, there is no way I am sketching on any of the interior pages. Nice cover @DELTA 62!

Thanks!  This forum is a place to share awesome art from even more awesome creators - free from any unnecessary negative comments.  I was simply sharing my cool piece from Buzz... 

23 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

My favorite sketch book.   It is a full wraparound.  See the second image.  I love the macabre baby hand hanging out of the crib.  And the detail of the bloody drips on the stuffed bunny.

100-Project-Joe-Jusko-CGC-F.jpg

100-Project-Jusko-Joe-original-art.jpg

I would totally own this