• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Yoshi said:

Brian_ECCC_1.thumb.jpg.6c5c787ae73f28fb674610e9eb8b4ca6.jpg

Story Time. At Emerald City Comic Con last March, I asked Brian Shearer work on a second sketch cover for me. I had brought some invisible ink in a couple of fountain pens with different sized nibs. I asked Mr. Shearer if he would not mind using the pens to draw the Autobot Mirage invisible since that is one of that character's abilities. From what I know this has not been done on a sketch cover before. Mr. Shearer took the job, and my black light, to work on the piece. He put in background with blank ink for extra effect.

Mirage only shows up under blank light which is incredibly difficult to photograph.

Brian_ECCC_2.thumb.jpg.2f05b90d10445feabab1c473e0de790b.jpg

Now that is a cool book and story.  Very nice, thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, Brooklynmet said:

Foes anyone know if Jim Starlin does sketches at shows?  If so what does he charge?  He has a FB page but no website.  Thanks

Let us know what you find out.  I would certainly like to one day own a Starlin sketch.  Unfortunately I am worried that ship has sailed.

20 hours ago, DELTA 62 said:

Fresh from Denver Pop Culture Con by Mark Brooks and off to CGC for grading!

Wonder Woman - 1.jpg

That is beautiful. How much if you don't mind me asking and do you have a way for me to contact him?

3 hours ago, RayJr said:

That is beautiful. How much if you don't mind me asking and do you have a way for me to contact him?

Thanks!  He is a favorite of mine so getting this done was a no-brainer for me...

$50 for a head sketch - non CGC

$100 for a head sketch - if CGC

He is one of the creators hooked up with comicsketchart.com - you could try there

He is also pretty active on Twitter