• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2019 at 4:15 PM, Brooklynmet said:

Foes anyone know if Jim Starlin does sketches at shows?  If so what does he charge?  He has a FB page but no website.  Thanks

Starlin does not do any art anymore, not commissions or any production art, due to a home soda maker exploding and putting a hole in his hand, as he put it. It's too bad too since he was working on a new Dreadstar series, that now will not happen. I saw him at a Con last year, I never thought to ask for a remark due to the long line. He was charging $10 per signature, and had maybe a dozen prints that were $20 signed. I'm happy I got the below remark about 9 years ago. He had absolutely no line then, and signatures were free! We talked a few minutes, then on the last book I asked if he could do his doodle. He did it after he signed, which he said his signature is usually the chin, so I may have a rarer doodle! 

Nov 10 2012_2232.JPG

2 hours ago, AlphaRaptor said:

Mine and my sons first sketch covers from Awesome Con, harley by Jimmy Palmiotti,and batman who laughs by Ryan Kincaid.

20190603_155619.jpg

20190603_155822.jpg

That's a nice Ryan Kincaid!

36 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

.....more sketch goodness

Got this gold leaf Maul from my good friend Gorkem in Turkey.....

F67A8FAA-CCE2-4335-8DDD-BD5120A66171_zps

Had to get a Bane from Nolan....

62CF828F-48F1-44F1-BD57-6F41AD4F5E86_zps

and could not let this one get away.....

BBB2FDCE-E1CE-45FD-9E6E-65022ED7E8E0_zps

Was watching that bane, and that X23 is sweet