• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2019 at 1:53 PM, Ron C. said:

Ken Lashley at Niagara Falls CC this weekend. 

Ken Lashley Wonder Woman.jpg

Lashley WW Instagram.jpg

What is your take on Mr. Lashley? I am used to artists having all kinds of different pricing schemes, but his was pretty nondescript.  As I recall from ECCC, "You will get what you pay for. You want a $50 commission you'll get a $50 dollar commission. You want a $1,000 commission you'll get a $1000 commission." Out of all the artists I have worked with his was the most..... Freeform? Perhaps it also had to do with the fact I didn't have a solid idea when I met him. I don't know.

I love it when I see that Ken Lashley will be at a con. He is so great to interact with ....When I set up a commission,  it is our nature to want to pass by and see if your sketch is being done. Ken often pretends not to see you and then positions his hands to not let you see the sketch in progress. So it becomes a bit of a game..... which is fun. As for the "Variable pricing", it was a bit strange at first, but I think it allows people to get something cool that they can afford and still allows Ken to budget his time. Here is a back cover that Ken did for me at last years Nickel City Con. I paid a bit more for it because I was only there on Friday and had to get to Motor City Con on Saturday so Ken spent most of the Friday on it.  @Yoshi

Melendez Lashley.jpg

Edited by Ron C.

Ya Ken is a great guy. Yes he is what ever you want to pay. And Ya more you pay more details younget. But he is such a great guy to talk with and discuss things and he always puts in the good work even for less price items. Heck every time I get a piece from him I always feel I should pay him more then I usually do though I tend to go around 80 to 100 bucks myself.