• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Jay Leisten from C2E2... unfortunately somewhere in its travels from Chicago to jays house to Cgc and back to New Jersey it caught a tape pulling the back... hence the 7.5 but happy with the art.

BDC0879B-1752-4F6E-84F3-8083A298CF8E.jpeg

That sucks about the tape pull did the artist/rep do/offer anything?

1 minute ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

No one even told me about it until I saw the notes from CGC when it was finalized

So do you have to contact them? Are/will you? What is your recourse if any?

2 minutes ago, Raze said:

So do you have to contact them? Are/will you? What is your recourse if any?

I have not.. But I have no proof it was not there before or who did it, it could have happened with the artist or with CGC. I did not take pictures of the book because it was supposed to be done on cite but Jay got sick and did not finish by the end of the show. 

48 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I have not.. But I have no proof it was not there before or who did it, it could have happened with the artist or with CGC. I did not take pictures of the book because it was supposed to be done on cite but Jay got sick and did not finish by the end of the show. 

Sorry to hear about this. Still a great looking wolverine.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:17 AM, Webhead2018 said:

Tape is the worst with books. A reason I don't do tape any more. Besides buying some old book of course. But sketch blanks and new books I get weekly I just fold the tab into the bag.

I use the peel & seal bags