• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Wolverine27 said:

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I kind of blew my budget on it, but it was so amazing it seemed worth it (I'm still paying it off! LOL).  I need a bit of advice though.  There's a small foreign object (like a hair) on the surface that I didn't notice when I bought it or submitted it to CGC (see below). What would you guys do if anything? I know it's minor considering the mind-blowing art, but it still bothers my OCD. Ha ha ...

IMG_0051.JPG

Probably the Newton Rings. I wouldn't get to bent out of shape on it. Awesome commission though.

7 hours ago, Wolverine27 said:

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I kind of blew my budget on it, but it was so amazing it seemed worth it (I'm still paying it off! LOL).  I need a bit of advice though.  There's a small foreign object (like a hair) on the surface that I didn't notice when I bought it or submitted it to CGC (see below). What would you guys do if anything? I know it's minor considering the mind-blowing art, but it still bothers my OCD. Ha ha ...

IMG_0051.JPG

I must be blind - I can't see it. (Unless it's her upper lip?)

I saw him post this pre-show on Instagram, I'm glad you got!

On 6/20/2019 at 9:28 PM, Wolverine27 said:

I'm new to collecting sketches, but picked this one up from Artgerm at Megacon.

IMG_0050.JPG

Great book, awesome sketch .......but 

once you see it, you can never unsee it , that would drive me insane . Just have it reholdered 

Edited by Jking3437

2 hours ago, austinhg said:

I must be blind - I can't see it. (Unless it's her upper lip?)

I saw him post this pre-show on Instagram, I'm glad you got!

You and me both must be blind cause I don't see it either...

If it's a "mechanical error" in regards to a defect in the slab itself then CGC is pretty good about re-slabbing it at their cost - just contact their customer service.

If it's a flaw on the cover - like a small crease - it might be something CCS can press out.  Maybe???

1 hour ago, Webhead2018 said:

Ya I don' see anything either.

I don't either...

But I've got slabs back with hairs in them, so I don't doubt that it's there... :eek:

It's on the upper lip. It was on the original sketch that Artgerm posted on instagram, so nothing CGC did. I'm not sure it can be corrected (unless you guys think having it pressed is a good idea). Still an amazing piece. 

On 6/22/2019 at 12:27 PM, ivdyer said:

Big thank you to Dan @ScottsCollectable for keeping an eye on this piece. It was started at NYCC last year and is finally headed to CCS for a press then to CGC.....Mattina 

F77B833A-7C92-404F-B307-BA14C5E6FCA2_zps

072EE291-51B3-4306-983D-6D3B903D3AC7_zpsl

Those are some badass sketches.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:05 PM, Ehabsamuel said:

My first attempt at getting a CGC sketch inked. Pencils by Jim Lee, inks by Jay Leisten (who went full “Scott Williams”) at the Toronto Comicon last March. This just made its way home a week ago. The bat-smirk is growing on me...

1B3CAFBB-17BE-4750-84F1-E6ABE1B3CE00.jpeg

Awesome sketch brother.

3 minutes ago, Jking3437 said:

Got this in the mail today, when I seat here and say I have been looking for this sketch for a while I mean I have only seen 1 come up for sale in the past 5-6 years. So when it did I had to pounce , I have reached out to multiple people trying to get a sketch from Bruce at conventions, over and over again no luck, I  Have had multiple want to buy threads in the past ,and  I’m guessing they are just sitting in people’s vaults. I can’t wait till tomorrow to take a picture of my trinity . I am so happy finally got the sketch, made my day when I was able to get it last week through best offer and today when I opened the package , a major weight  I feel has been taken off my chest, saved search bruce timm deleted off eBay 

FB5E8062-ABFC-4E75-8C90-1717D614548B.jpeg

Wow! Congrats :) looks good! A quintessential Joker sketch ;)