• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DELTA 62 said:

Hi all.  I was hoping that you might help me with a quick question.  How much does Tyler Kirkham charge for a sketch/commission at a Con?  Thanks!

$300 chest up busts is what he charges when I last spoke to him on 3 June. He isn’t accepting any home commissions at the moment.

20 minutes ago, RayJr said:

$300 chest up busts is what he charges when I last spoke to him on 3 June. He isn’t accepting any home commissions at the moment.

Thanks for the info brother!  I love Kirkham's stuff...

7 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

Thank you @Turtle for these. I have been looking for a Trimpe sketch for my collection for a while...and also a Finch sketch to potentially color.  I didn't see a lot of work from Kaare Andrews until his Third Eye Action 1000 hit the market, but I love the work.

Herb Trimpe sketch cover.jpg

David Finch sketch cover.jpg

Kaare Andrews sketch cover.jpg

i saw those and was mighty tempted on the trimpe :whee: congrats!!!

On 7/8/2019 at 6:43 PM, Ron C. said:

Thank you @Turtle for these. I have been looking for a Trimpe sketch for my collection for a while...and also a Finch sketch to potentially color.  I didn't see a lot of work from Kaare Andrews until his Third Eye Action 1000 hit the market, but I love the work.

Herb Trimpe sketch cover.jpg

David Finch sketch cover.jpg

Kaare Andrews sketch cover.jpg

Those are badass brother. That Wolverine is awesome with that classic look.

18 minutes ago, Brooklynmet said:

Michael Golden.   Has anyone had any dealings with this artist? I’m thinking of having him do a sketch of Rogue on a blank comic.  Any Thoughts? 

Google “patience is a virue”

1 hour ago, bobotski said:

New eBay acquisition. I'm a big fan of Mr. Keown's art. Came in the old label, possible candidate for reholder with the new Hulk label.

IMG_0026a.thumb.JPG.c4850ece2f46d839612742e72646ae1c.JPG

Congrats! That is awesome. If you wish to go one step further (down the rabbit hole), I would love to see that cover inked by someone like Bob McLeod (who has done a bunch of Dale's covers).

Golden was a very nice dude. Meet him last year at a show. I got a spidey head sketch from him. He was easy to work with. I would just see if he has a fb page or website. To get ahold of him or his rep. If you want to set something up.

42 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

Golden was a very nice dude. Meet him last year at a show. I got a spidey head sketch from him. He was easy to work with. I would just see if he has a fb page or website. To get ahold of him or his rep. If you want to set something up.

I plan on seeing him at the Tampa Bay comic convention next month. I’ll either have him do a head sketch or I would really like you to do a waist up sketch of rogue. Any idea about his prices? 

1 hour ago, Ron C. said:

Congrats! That is awesome. If you wish to go one step further (down the rabbit hole), I would love to see that cover inked by someone like Bob McLeod (who has done a bunch of Dale's covers).

Was thinking of the same thing of getting it inked, good suggestion on McLeod. (thumbsu