• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

Brook sorry I don' recall exactly what prices was. I think head was around $100 and a full would have been near $300. Again I would check to see if he got a website or fb. And get in contact in advance. So you can get current prices. Also to get you set up on any show lists he may have. Or maybe you can ship him your book and pic up at show.

11 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Nice, waiting on a few from Nate myself 

Best of luck. I've given up working with him. After being burnt by him twice ( over a 4 year span; got burnt gave him another chance years later, being last year and he did it again) I gave up working with him. I used to buy a lot from him back in 2013-2015. Mind you my burnt pieces were free pieces that he owed me so I wasnt out money, but he never changed between the the gap of time. My suggestion is to pick up in person if at all possible. 

16 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Nick Justus nailed these...

1FE1DA28-CCC6-49F5-84FA-1FCBC77F4ED6_zps0584A5F8-134D-4F2D-B2FB-B8B13F1ED9B5_zps

80A066C9-6A72-42AE-A07A-018D0A38CE29_zps587AFEA0-36E1-40FF-B609-790F1FE99253_zps

4B60403B-306E-41A8-B17B-4F5CA97DBC98_zps12E56576-6082-4FDA-A21D-B157F5C7EABD_zps

Love those MOTU and Thundercats' sketches. Do you have any info of the artists and how much di they cost you if you don't mind me asking.

13 hours ago, bobotski said:

Was thinking of the same thing of getting it inked, good suggestion on McLeod. (thumbsu

I am probably in the minority - but I think it looks awesome as is.  Not that getting it inked by McLeod is a bad idea - cause it will still look great.  I do like the idea of getting it re-slabbed with the new Hulk label = totally worth it!  Nice acquisition!

59 minutes ago, RayJr said:

Love those MOTU and Thundercats' sketches. Do you have any info of the artists and how much di they cost you if you don't mind me asking.

Nick Justus can be found on Instagram quite easily and will respond to messages, give him a follow.  Nice guy to work with and pricing is fair.   

2 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Nick Justus can be found on Instagram quite easily and will respond to messages, give him a follow.  Nice guy to work with and pricing is fair.   

Oh ok cool. Thanks brother.

19 hours ago, A-DONIS said:

Filing this one under the :o  factor.

Nate Melendez  aka NatWa, and yes, it does glow in the dark.

BP1.jpg

BP2.jpg

You know how the glow-in-the-dark gimmick was accomplished? 

6 hours ago, DELTA 62 said:

I am probably in the minority - but I think it looks awesome as is.  Not that getting it inked by McLeod is a bad idea - cause it will still look great.  I do like the idea of getting it re-slabbed with the new Hulk label = totally worth it!  Nice acquisition!

That's fair. Something on the back of my mind too, because the book was graded in 2010 and I hear that CGC has upped their standards since, I might risk a rating downgrade. I'll take my sweet time thinking about it.

32 minutes ago, bobotski said:

That's fair. Something on the back of my mind too, because the book was graded in 2010 and I hear that CGC has upped their standards since, I might risk a rating downgrade. I'll take my sweet time thinking about it.

Even if the book is a 9.8 by current CGC standards, you will still risk a grade drop if you have it inked.  

On 7/11/2019 at 5:32 PM, bobotski said:

Don't get me wrong... I love that cover as is. A 9.8 Keown sketch cover is awesome!

15 minutes ago, A-DONIS said:

That I don't know.  

He's working on another piece that is going to blow this one away.

Oh ok gotcha. Well I can't wait to see what he has in store that will be better than this sketch.