• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

Hey all wanted some help and ideas. So I was thinking when marvel comics #1000 cones out to get the blank variant and wanted to do a jam piece. I am thinking of heroes on front and villains on back. So I wanted some help and ideas on how layout should be, do I go full body sketches, busts, headshots. Any ideas would be great. As I probably not going to get it started to next year's cons I go to.

3 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Hey all wanted some help and ideas. So I was thinking when marvel comics #1000 cones out to get the blank variant and wanted to do a jam piece. I am thinking of heroes on front and villains on back. So I wanted some help and ideas on how layout should be, do I go full body sketches, busts, headshots. Any ideas would be great. As I probably not going to get it started to next year's cons I go to.

That would be awesome to see after it’s done. I’m thinking maybe like the old school way as in the heroes & villains racing towards each other with the most powerful villain with a headshot in the background and the greatest hero with a headshot in the background as well. Kinda like they are about to witness the ultimate battle. Good luck with your commission brother.

On 8/19/2019 at 11:48 AM, DELTA 62 said:

By Ron Wilson at New Mexico Comic Expo.  I wanted something a little different with the Thing so I asked if ever did a He-Man vs Thing.  He had not - until now!

Fantastic Four - Wilson.JPG

Outstanding work.   Mr. Wilson did this piece for me at the Tampa Bay comic con 2019. Awesome guy 

957004FB-790E-432D-A0B1-4E6FAB980502.jpeg

9 hours ago, Brooklynmet said:

Outstanding work.   Mr. Wilson did this piece for me at the Tampa Bay comic con 2019. Awesome guy 

957004FB-790E-432D-A0B1-4E6FAB980502.jpeg

That is a pretty sweet sketch!  And yes - Ron Wilson is an awesome guy!

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
10 minutes ago, DELTA 62 said:

That is a pretty sweet sketch!  And yes - Ron Wilson is an awesome guy!

Is it Ron Wilson the IV or something or is that someone else?

Nevermind I was confusing with "Robert" Wilson the 4th

21 minutes ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Shout out to Doug and James with ComicSketchArt for a great SDCC topped off with this gem.  Obviously a huge thank you is also do to Adam and Allison for making a collectors dream come true. ... such a gem.

E6F57A27-5253-41D8-B941-81A77F1260EF.jpeg

:whee: 

4 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Shout out to Doug and James with ComicSketchArt for a great SDCC topped off with this gem.  Obviously a huge thank you is also do to Adam and Allison for making a collectors dream come true. ... such a gem.

Awesome!  Mine is with CCS

5 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

This some next level s#/+! Well done :golfclap: