• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2019 at 8:28 AM, cgcsketcherz said:

Garden State Comic Fest Tom Cook sketch of Captain Caveman on original Hanna-Barbera Letterhead. Really like the fact CGC now does prints, it allows for slightly larger sketches to be sealed! 

cbcs and cgc 009.jpg

How long did it take for you to get it. I was excited to get a commission from him in 2015. Sent him the book and paid $150 for He-Man, Thundarr & Blackstar to be drawn. 14 months later I get the book with only Thundarr on it. I immediately emailed him that I wanted my money back and will not ever do business with him again. Congrats on your piece though.

On 9/4/2019 at 6:49 PM, RayJr said:

How long did it take for you to get it. I was excited to get a commission from him in 2015. Sent him the book and paid $150 for He-Man, Thundarr & Blackstar to be drawn. 14 months later I get the book with only Thundarr on it. I immediately emailed him that I wanted my money back and will not ever do business with him again. Congrats on your piece though.

Thank you, I have wanted a Captain Caveman for years. Sadly, I have been burned myself from him... more than once.

In 2015, I set up through a facilitator at a con a sketch Scooby Doo driving Ghostbuggy from Real Ghostbusters.....I am still out 150 dollars and a cover, at this point I figure it is a lost cause.

In 2016 I pre-booked him six months before a con via e-mail (thinking he was still working on the last sketch) to do a head sketch on a jam piece he said great and quoted me a price for Prime Evil. I told him I was only there one day and would be driving 4 straight hours to get to him. and 4 straight hours home same day. Get there he immediately remembered and said, "Great, i'm swamped give it to me tonight, I'll do it at my hotel and have it back tomorrow." I told him I wasn't available, reminding him of our emails (which I printed out) and he offered to mail it, as I had a con the next weekend I declined.

The Captain Caveman he had for sale at his actual table so I was able to purchase it. I bought VIP tickets for this past con, got there two hours before the con opened, tried e-mailing him ahead (no response). I was the first person in the con and at his table, he told me he was too swamped to do the sketch but I could, give it to him for overnight sketching. Having been burned before, well twice actually, I declined the offer. Now after five years, I have no idea who to get to finish my jam. 80'S villains that were created in the 1980's. Wanted Prime Evil, but now that I have a Kevin Eastman Krang and a Joe Rubenstein sketch, I am not letting this leave overnight. Once sketched, I want Steve Lydic to morph the televisions into 1980's tv's.  

9 5 19 007.jpg

1 hour ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Thank you, I have wanted a Captain Caveman for years. Sadly, I have been burned myself from him... more than once.

In 2015, I set up through a facilitator at a con a sketch Scooby Doo driving Ghostbuggy from Real Ghostbusters.....I am still out 150 dollars and a cover, at this point I figure it is a lost cause.

In 2016 I pre-booked him six months before a con via e-mail (thinking he was still working on the last sketch) to do a head sketch on a jam piece he said great and quoted me a price for Prime Evil. I told him I was only there one day and would be driving 4 straight hours to get to him. and 4 straight hours home same day. Get there he immediately remembered and said, "Great, i'm swamped give it to me tonight, I'll do it at my hotel and have it back tomorrow." I told him I wasn't available, reminding him of our emails (which I printed out) and he offered to mail it, as I had a con the next weekend I declined.

The Captain Caveman he had for sale at his actual table so I was able to purchase it. I bought VIP tickets for this past con, got there two hours before the con opened, tried e-mailing him ahead (no response). I was the first person in the con and at his table, he told me he was too swamped to do the sketch but I could, give it to him for overnight sketching. Having been burned before, well twice actually, I declined the offer. Now after five years, I have no idea who to get to finish my jam. 80'S villains that were created in the 1980's. Wanted Prime Evil, but now that I have a Kevin Eastman Krang and a Joe Rubenstein sketch, I am not letting this leave overnight. Once sketched, I want Steve Lydic to morph the televisions into 1980's tv's.  

9 5 19 007.jpg

No problem. Brother I don't blame you for declining his offer. I understand that artists get busy but what irriates me is that there is no response on how the sketch is going or you see them posting a gazillion sketches at Cons but haven't even started on yours yet. There are very few artists I trust to take home to do. Ryan Kincaid and Dietrich Smith are two of them. They do the sketch and then send in the form to CGC for me to get graded. I hope you get your sketch finished brother. It looks badass.

On 9/4/2019 at 4:34 PM, Brooklynmet said:

The Incredible Hulk versus the mighty Thor by the legendary Ron Frenz.  This was made possible by Catskill comics. I highly recommend them as they have a stable of artists and they will submit art to CGC at your request.   The only drawback is you have to mail them the blank sketchbook but other than that they are fantastic to work with. 

12CAF263-42FC-4B08-A646-91D695119557.jpeg

I like this one a lot. How much if you don't mind me asking and are they on Instagram to get linked up with?

2 hours ago, cgcsketcherz said:

9 5 19 007.jpg

This is the sketch he did. I was later notified by one of my buddies that he did the exact same sketch but with a mustache. Then I was texted by a guy that said Tom Cook was stealing his art and posing it as his. Straight craziness.

15541663_10157927603320174_9216199629250325072_n.jpg