• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, RayJr said:

This is the sketch he did. I was later notified by one of my buddies that he did the exact same sketch but with a mustache. Then I was texted by a guy that said Tom Cook was stealing his art and posing it as his. Straight craziness.

15541663_10157927603320174_9216199629250325072_n.jpg

I had a similar experience. I mailed him the book in advance, met him at the show, and he didn't have it - he said he thought it was for a different show. I had to meet him at a different show months later to get it. I got it, but I was really disappointed in the result given the time and cost. Having a poor experience with the artist makes me not want to keep the piece, which has happened a few times.

FLashGordonSketch.jpg

It sucks when an artist is a jerk or just plain rips folks off. Now sure I am a little more lenient if I know they are a busy artist and already have a line of commissions they are working on. Same if they are active in the biz at moment dealing with deadlines and commissions. Or if they have issues in real life going on. I am in that boat with a artist right now. We set up something back in April for a April show he wasn' able to get it finished before that show and so I said if he could have it ready in may for another show going to he be at be ok. May show came he was still tweaking sketch. But ironically left it at home. That con was local to him but then also from that point he got busy with summer con circuit, and real life issues with his home and wife. So we just haven't worked out getting it to me. Plus I been busy too. But I keep on him and we are working to get it to me.

9 hours ago, srezvan said:

I had a similar experience. I mailed him the book in advance, met him at the show, and he didn't have it - he said he thought it was for a different show. I had to meet him at a different show months later to get it. I got it, but I was really disappointed in the result given the time and cost. Having a poor experience with the artist makes me not want to keep the piece, which has happened a few times.

FLashGordonSketch.jpg

Sorry you had to go through that as well brother. I told him I wanted my money back which he sent back my $150 but he was trying to give me a sad story that he has to wait for his social security check to pay me. Not my problem guy!

21 minutes ago, Brooklynmet said:

I paid $275 total. You have to mail the book to Catskill Comics but they will mail to CGC at your request 

Oh ok gotcha. Thanks for the response my friend.

15 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

It sucks when an artist is a jerk or just plain rips folks off. Now sure I am a little more lenient if I know they are a busy artist and already have a line of commissions they are working on. Same if they are active in the biz at moment dealing with deadlines and commissions. Or if they have issues in real life going on. I am in that boat with a artist right now. We set up something back in April for a April show he wasn' able to get it finished before that show and so I said if he could have it ready in may for another show going to he be at be ok. May show came he was still tweaking sketch. But ironically left it at home. That con was local to him but then also from that point he got busy with summer con circuit, and real life issues with his home and wife. So we just haven't worked out getting it to me. Plus I been busy too. But I keep on him and we are working to get it to me.

At least you have a communication line with the artist. I was the one that had to keep reaching out to the guy to see where he was with the sketch. Then I get a email saying something that he moved and his new internet service didn't allow his old email to work or something in that nature. I was like when did you move, oh about a couple months ago. Really? You didn't even let me know so I could provide you with whatever information you might needed for my commission. It was a hot mess man, 14 months was a long time for me to wait for a sketch that didn't even come close to what I requsted. I loved his work as a kid growing up but I willl never get another commission from that artist again. Hope all works out for you on your sketch.

Ya sucks when that goes down. And for me Ya I knew dude was busy with his summer con circuit, regular job, and home and family issues. Plus I gotten 2 other pieces from the guy. He hasn' screwed me over. Plus we only did part of payment upfront back half when I pick up. And like I said I gotten busy and he gotten busy. But we been in fair amount of communication. And I am hoping to get things set with him for next week.

47 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

Ya sucks when that goes down. And for me Ya I knew dude was busy with his summer con circuit, regular job, and home and family issues. Plus I gotten 2 other pieces from the guy. He hasn' screwed me over. Plus we only did part of payment upfront back half when I pick up. And like I said I gotten busy and he gotten busy. But we been in fair amount of communication. And I am hoping to get things set with him for next week.

Oh ok gotcha brother. Can’t wait to see the final product.

5 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

Hellboy sketch cover by Marc Wolfe signed by Mike Mignola, Guillermo del Toro and Ron Perlman. Thanks to @Unstoppablejayd for this one.

Hellboy sketch cover.jpg

I was tempted too, had I not been broke :roflmao: 

CONGRATS! That's a keeper!