• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

I'm surprised ash did the Mando on a non star wars blank.

Its all about the paper quality and what he has available.  I have never been one to care too much about the book the artist uses if the logo can be completely covered.  

3 hours ago, Ron C. said:

Hellboy sketch cover by Marc Wolfe (front) and Ash Gonzales (back) also signed by Mike Mignola, Guillermo Del Toro and Ron Perlman. Thank you to @Unstoppablejayd for the original front and @ivdyer for the Ash Gonzales help!

Hellboy front 98.jpg

Hellboy back 98.jpg

It looks incredible!!! I love it and so Happy it went to you so you could improve it! When you said you where adding to the back, it gave me an idea on one of my own.. it is with the artist now, hopefully it turns out as good as yours. 

23 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

It looks incredible!!! I love it and so Happy it went to you so you could improve it! When you said you where adding to the back, it gave me an idea on one of my own.. it is with the artist now, hopefully it turns out as good as yours. 

Thanks, Ash did a wonderful job. Thank you again for the older sketch cover!

Totally get that. Though for me personally I rather have a blank that is related to the topic getting sketch. For sketch covers. Cause then you might as well just done on what ever size art board and have what ever done. But ash work posted here is wicked good stuff.

1 hour ago, Webhead2018 said:

Totally get that. Though for me personally I rather have a blank that is related to the topic getting sketch. For sketch covers. Cause then you might as well just done on what ever size art board and have what ever done. But ash work posted here is wicked good stuff.

To each his own. I only collect CGC SS books so art board, etc...is not an option for me or my collection.  Also, there are many pieces (actors and actresses) that simply don’t have a related cover.  I would argue that the blank used takes nothing away from the art on the cover....in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, RayJr said:

My last sketch for 2019. This piece was done by Clara Bujtor...BKA...sketchcardgirl on Instagram. Pic looks small so hopefully after it gets back from CGC sometime next year I’ll post it in the 2020 sketch thread. The face she used was of my wife.

96A0342A-9AA0-4513-8E18-9BDF67661FA0.png

Clara is amazing to work with, great that you reached out to her.  

Edited by ivdyer