• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Super proud of this Ash piece with Breakfast Club cast.....my apologies for the poor lighting

4F1EF957-76F8-4F59-BDEB-EEEBD7084B15_zps79A60B15-57F6-445C-92EB-24C03BF03F20_zps

JD Correa pieces back from CGC....yes the labels are wrong

44CD718E-7352-49E8-8076-C7A43CF51B28_zpsEAA46026-3731-43A9-97A1-998D8F5F906F_zps

5E074282-B3F1-42CA-B815-B01821EA608C_zps5E820C72-1AC8-414A-BB20-E57DB4BA0DE6_zps

Those are awesome 

Question.  I’m having Ron Frenz do a commission for me and I’d like some input.  Thor vs Superman or the Hulk?  Mr. Frenz has done Thor versus the  juggernaut.  We all know the epic battles between the Hulk and Thor.  Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

25 minutes ago, Brooklynmet said:

Question.  I’m having Ron Frenz do a commission for me and I’d like some input.  Thor vs Superman or the Hulk?  Mr. Frenz has done Thor versus the  juggernaut.  We all know the epic battles between the Hulk and Thor.  Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

Look for "vs" images you really like and that Mr. Frenz and homage. Doesn't have to be in comic books. Hell, even Mortal Kombat video games can give you some great vs poses. Find the one you like and send it to him along with a note saying you would like to replace character A with Thor and character B with Superman. I have found that you cannot give an artist to much information in an e-mail commission request.

Ya I would also say to artist exact poses and what not. Now for me if you went Thor vs. Hulk I would Def have it Thor swinging his hammer and maybe hitting hulk or the hulk smashing ground. Or if you can't think of ideal pose. And like said guy work see if he has any ideas and then see if he will do a quick mockup for you. And then go from there.

I did that myself for Geiger piece I am getting in next few days. I told him I wanted a spider-hulk. And said do something like Web of spiderman 70 cover. Then he made a mock up and changed it up slightly and have spider hulk running up a building that makes it look more actiony.

1 hour ago, Jking3437 said:

Was anyone lucky enough to get those David finch Johnny d Batman’s last night ? 

The bidding went fast and high at the end.

16 hours ago, Jking3437 said:

Was anyone lucky enough to get those David finch Johnny d Batman’s last night ? 

It appears that the same person won both Finch sketches / painted by Johnny D

And the same person won both Johnny D sketches/ painted by Finch based on bidder feedback.

41 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

First time watching a Johnny D eBay auction. That Batman was excellent, didn’t know people paid that much for those. 

The Finch painted pieces are where its at. Hes sketches aren't uncommon but Id struggle to think of half a dozen examples where hes used a paint brush.

12 hours ago, Nino_013 said:

The Finch painted pieces are where its at. Hes sketches aren't uncommon but Id struggle to think of half a dozen examples where hes used a paint brush.

The two other pieces I’ve seen were for the Hero Initiative. Wolverine and Hulk. So only 4 total were ever available for auction.   Any others would have been commissioned privately.

Edit: the Hulk looks more like copic markers,  so probably only 3 painted covers ever available for auction. Still a rare book with copics.  I don't recall seeing any other sketches colored by Finch with markers.

Edited by Catwomancomics