19 19

973 posts in this topic

100 posts
16 hours ago, DELTA 62 said:

By Buzz at Albuquerque Comic Con...

Buzz - 1.jpg

How much did Buzz charge for a waist up sketch?  Very nice work

225 posts

Man kinda a waste getting at batman all blank cgc. When you could get a ot more sketches in the blank pages.

123 posts
6 hours ago, Brooklynmet said:

How much did Buzz charge for a waist up sketch?  Very nice work

Thanks!  I believe he charged $75.

123 posts
5 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Man kinda a waste getting at batman all blank cgc. When you could get a ot more sketches in the blank pages.

Yeah - you're right.  I totally wasted $2.99 + tax.  

225 posts

I just mean you could have gotten the whole book filled with sketches. I got the superman all blank and started getting sketches in it. 

1,328 posts
6 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

I just mean you could have gotten the whole book filled with sketches. I got the superman all blank and started getting sketches in it. 

To each their own. Let’s respect each other and look at the beauty of the sketch and not presume to know what is better. 

123 posts
13 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

To each their own. Let’s respect each other and look at the beauty of the sketch and not presume to know what is better. 

Precisely!  

1,590 posts

I love the idea of a blank comic for sketches... for some reason, I thought CGC treated them differently. It might actually be the ideal canvas for sketch commissions with no color from the splash page showing through. Either way, if I am getting a sketch cover graded, there is no way I am sketching on any of the interior pages. Nice cover @DELTA 62!

189 posts
49 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

-I had one of those Batman Blank books done up- i actually requested the artist do a sketch on the cover and inside the book and not tell me what he did and then grade it-  i thought it would be fun to have a graded book with a mystery sketch in it-  the artist agreed to tell me what the sketch is in 10 years- like a fun time capsule- so im with ivdyer- to each their own- (plus i have an excuse to get ten more years worth of sketches from an artist-- good way to keep on top of a commissions list)

1,328 posts
1 hour ago, MrWalkingDead said:

-I had one of those Batman Blank books done up- i actually requested the artist do a sketch on the cover and inside the book and not tell me what he did and then grade it-  i thought it would be fun to have a graded book with a mystery sketch in it-  the artist agreed to tell me what the sketch is in 10 years- like a fun time capsule- so im with ivdyer- to each their own- (plus i have an excuse to get ten more years worth of sketches from an artist-- good way to keep on top of a commissions list)

Actually a great idea. Very cool time capsule. 

123 posts
6 hours ago, Ron C. said:

I love the idea of a blank comic for sketches... for some reason, I thought CGC treated them differently. It might actually be the ideal canvas for sketch commissions with no color from the splash page showing through. Either way, if I am getting a sketch cover graded, there is no way I am sketching on any of the interior pages. Nice cover @DELTA 62!

Thanks!  This forum is a place to share awesome art from even more awesome creators - free from any unnecessary negative comments.  I was simply sharing my cool piece from Buzz... 

395 posts

Brian Shearer from Emerald City Comic Con 2019

BS_SketchCover.thumb.jpg.50aae2851a5920f59de71352afd7a8e4.jpg

An homage G.I. Joe #139 Transformers Generation 2. Optimus Prime and Hawk on a G.I. Joe Blank. 

225 posts

I am sorry if I rude any one wrong way. I was just saying there so much more you could do with the all blank book.

302 posts
Posted (edited)

My favorite sketch book.   It is a full wraparound.  See the second image.  I love the macabre baby hand hanging out of the crib.  And the detail of the bloody drips on the stuffed bunny.

100-Project-Joe-Jusko-CGC-F.jpg

100-Project-Jusko-Joe-original-art.jpg

Edited by BladeTX

859 posts
23 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

My favorite sketch book.   It is a full wraparound.  See the second image.  I love the macabre baby hand hanging out of the crib.  And the detail of the bloody drips on the stuffed bunny.

100-Project-Joe-Jusko-CGC-F.jpg

100-Project-Jusko-Joe-original-art.jpg

I would totally own this

302 posts
2 hours ago, Crops068 said:

I would totally own this

I love it but everybody has their price 😉

859 posts
Just now, BladeTX said:

I love it but everybody has their price 😉

Ha, I bet you do.  And I am not getting near that with a 10ft pole.

302 posts
24 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Ha, I bet you do.  And I am not getting near that with a 10ft pole.

Tell you what.  If we arrive at a price, I will ship you a 10 foot pole for free.

859 posts
6 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Tell you what.  If we arrive at a price, I will ship you a 10 foot pole for free.

Treefiddy ($3.50)

302 posts
49 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Treefiddy ($3.50)

Uh let me think on that.  Suppose you want free shipping too 😂