• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Jking3437 said:

Got this in the mail today, when I seat here and say I have been looking for this sketch for a while I mean I have only seen 1 come up for sale in the past 5-6 years. So when it did I had to pounce , I have reached out to multiple people trying to get a sketch from Bruce at conventions, over and over again no luck, I  Have had multiple want to buy threads in the past ,and  I’m guessing they are just sitting in people’s vaults. I can’t wait till tomorrow to take a picture of my trinity . I am so happy finally got the sketch, made my day when I was able to get it last week through best offer and today when I opened the package , a major weight  I feel has been taken off my chest, saved search bruce timm deleted off eBay 

FB5E8062-ABFC-4E75-8C90-1717D614548B.jpeg

That is an awesome sketch cover! Congratulations Jim!!

6 hours ago, Jking3437 said:

Got this in the mail today, when I seat here and say I have been looking for this sketch for a while I mean I have only seen 1 come up for sale in the past 5-6 years. So when it did I had to pounce , I have reached out to multiple people trying to get a sketch from Bruce at conventions, over and over again no luck, I  Have had multiple want to buy threads in the past ,and  I’m guessing they are just sitting in people’s vaults. I can’t wait till tomorrow to take a picture of my trinity . I am so happy finally got the sketch, made my day when I was able to get it last week through best offer and today when I opened the package , a major weight  I feel has been taken off my chest, saved search bruce timm deleted off eBay 

Straight masterpiece! Congrats brother.

7 hours ago, Jking3437 said:

Very nice indeed!  Congrats!!!

9 hours ago, Jking3437 said:

I have waited a long time to take this picture, no more tracking bruce timm lol 

A07AAD41-CD5C-4869-9450-27D5205C823E.jpeg

Wish I could get a sketch by Bruce. Those are badass brother.

1 minute ago, ivdyer said:

Am I missing something?

Not really, unless you subscribe to the theory that I should own a Jim Lee sketch of wolverine lol

And want to make a generous donation hehe..

Just now, ivdyer said:

Too much

But seriously I know it was worth it and I'd love to own one, but congrats to you! ^^

That IS a GOOD DAY!

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not really, unless you subscribe to the theory that I should own a Jim Lee sketch of wolverine lol

And want to make a generous donation hehe..

But seriously I know it was worth it and I'd love to own one, but congrats to you! ^^

That IS a GOOD DAY!

If something happens to me I will put on the short list.  It took me quite awhile to save for it.  

2 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

If something happens to me I will put on the short list.  It took me quite awhile to save for it.  

Lol I'd love that but it would have to be perfect timing, and God forbid anything bad happen to you :foryou:

Besides, you have a nice collection and I'm sure your happy!

I was just jealous and no real side story, other than I've looked for such but never found anything as great looking, so again Cool Sketch :)

3 hours ago, ivdyer said:

I was mainly curious as maybe one day I wouldn't mind a sketch cover by Mr. Lee himself, but I would ask him to do Thanos.  :headbang:

But yeah I figured it set you back a pretty penny.  I am happy I was able to meet him and get a selfie with him and my mini-me back at Fan Expo Dallas.  He seemed genuinely happy to be there with so many people in line to see him.

On 6/22/2019 at 12:27 PM, ivdyer said:

Big thank you to Dan @ScottsCollectable for keeping an eye on this piece. It was started at NYCC last year and is finally headed to CCS for a press then to CGC.....Mattina 

F77B833A-7C92-404F-B307-BA14C5E6FCA2_zps

072EE291-51B3-4306-983D-6D3B903D3AC7_zpsl

Dan's a great guy. Met him when I purchased my Flash 105 from them while I was stationed in the UK. This came out amazing man