THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
19 19

863 posts in this topic

253 posts
1 hour ago, DELTA 62 said:

Hi all.  I was hoping that you might help me with a quick question.  How much does Tyler Kirkham charge for a sketch/commission at a Con?  Thanks!

$300 chest up busts is what he charges when I last spoke to him on 3 June. He isn’t accepting any home commissions at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105 posts
20 minutes ago, RayJr said:

$300 chest up busts is what he charges when I last spoke to him on 3 June. He isn’t accepting any home commissions at the moment.

Thanks for the info brother!  I love Kirkham's stuff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105 posts
2 hours ago, RayJr said:

No problem brother. A buddy of mine got this done for me while I was deployed last year. Jason Aaron signed it as well.

B9917D7F-298B-4F20-BDDF-396A08A84D96.jpeg

Cool sketch... and an even cooler buddy to get that done for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
253 posts
11 minutes ago, DELTA 62 said:

Cool sketch... and an even cooler buddy to get that done for you!

Thanks brother Delta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513 posts

Thank you @Turtle for these. I have been looking for a Trimpe sketch for my collection for a while...and also a Finch sketch to potentially color.  I didn't see a lot of work from Kaare Andrews until his Third Eye Action 1000 hit the market, but I love the work.

Herb Trimpe sketch cover.jpg

David Finch sketch cover.jpg

Kaare Andrews sketch cover.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,257 posts
7 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

Thank you @Turtle for these. I have been looking for a Trimpe sketch for my collection for a while...and also a Finch sketch to potentially color.  I didn't see a lot of work from Kaare Andrews until his Third Eye Action 1000 hit the market, but I love the work.

Herb Trimpe sketch cover.jpg

David Finch sketch cover.jpg

Kaare Andrews sketch cover.jpg

i saw those and was mighty tempted on the trimpe :whee: congrats!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,300 posts
Posted (edited)

Ann Zhou

7707F845-1505-44ED-AA67-A0501FA152A6_zps

Frank Kadar

8AED52C2-283A-4A18-87D6-FEAF72DEC7FC_zps007E2EA1-31E1-43FD-A605-91B7B84AA393_zps

Carlos Cabaleiro

93BC79CF-07A2-4D0C-BD36-D39BCC9EF97D_zpsA57642F3-FCC6-43A3-B158-82EA2E4A04E4_zps

Ryan Kincaid and Lucio Parrillo remarks....

74DEA980-479B-4C44-B2C5-F9AE0A718817_zps

56571553-4E53-4E55-96C2-03E20E7EB72D_zps

Edited by ivdyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
253 posts
On 7/8/2019 at 6:43 PM, Ron C. said:

Thank you @Turtle for these. I have been looking for a Trimpe sketch for my collection for a while...and also a Finch sketch to potentially color.  I didn't see a lot of work from Kaare Andrews until his Third Eye Action 1000 hit the market, but I love the work.

Herb Trimpe sketch cover.jpg

David Finch sketch cover.jpg

Kaare Andrews sketch cover.jpg

Those are badass brother. That Wolverine is awesome with that classic look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97 posts

Michael Golden.   Has anyone had any dealings with this artist? I’m thinking of having him do a sketch of Rogue on a blank comic.  Any Thoughts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,418 posts
18 minutes ago, Brooklynmet said:

Michael Golden.   Has anyone had any dealings with this artist? I’m thinking of having him do a sketch of Rogue on a blank comic.  Any Thoughts? 

Google “patience is a virue”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513 posts
1 hour ago, bobotski said:

New eBay acquisition. I'm a big fan of Mr. Keown's art. Came in the old label, possible candidate for reholder with the new Hulk label.

IMG_0026a.thumb.JPG.c4850ece2f46d839612742e72646ae1c.JPG

Congrats! That is awesome. If you wish to go one step further (down the rabbit hole), I would love to see that cover inked by someone like Bob McLeod (who has done a bunch of Dale's covers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213 posts

Golden was a very nice dude. Meet him last year at a show. I got a spidey head sketch from him. He was easy to work with. I would just see if he has a fb page or website. To get ahold of him or his rep. If you want to set something up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97 posts
1 hour ago, Bird said:

Google “patience is a virue”

I am aware of the story.  I will see him at the Tampa Bay comic convention next month. He doesn’t have to spell anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97 posts
42 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

Golden was a very nice dude. Meet him last year at a show. I got a spidey head sketch from him. He was easy to work with. I would just see if he has a fb page or website. To get ahold of him or his rep. If you want to set something up.

 I plan on seeing him at the Tampa Bay comic convention next month. I’ll either have him do a head sketch or I would really like you to do a waist up sketch of rogue. Any idea about his prices? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 posts
1 hour ago, Ron C. said:

Congrats! That is awesome. If you wish to go one step further (down the rabbit hole), I would love to see that cover inked by someone like Bob McLeod (who has done a bunch of Dale's covers).

Was thinking of the same thing of getting it inked, good suggestion on McLeod. (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
19 19