• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2019 at 5:14 PM, RayJr said:

Commission by Nick Justus. I’m super excited about this commission. Whenever I get commissions done, I try to be different. I also tell the artist to surprise me. Headed to CGC. 

1D5A11AA-4483-4C2F-ABF7-BFE15655D5C8.jpeg

That is totally badass!  Congrats!

4 hours ago, TYPE-R said:

Anna Zhuo, (man, CGC you've got to get better on your labeling!!!)

I'm glad I'm not the only person who has reoccurring problems with this. I read somewhere that the line for signatures is done by hand.

The automation engineer in me thinks it could easily be automated with the rest of the label, or at least given a check box style list for creators they could filter through...

Edited by austinhg

17 minutes ago, austinhg said:

I'm glad I'm not the only person who has reoccurring problems with this. I read somewhere that the line for signatures is done by hand.

The automation engineer in me thinks it could easily be automated with the rest of the label, or at least given a check box style list for creators they could filter through...

I used to have a CGC slabbed book where Olivier Coipel did the cover art (not a sketch mind you) - and it was reflected correctly as such on the label regarding who the creators were that worked on the book.  It was also signed by him - but CGC put on the label that it was signed by "Olivier Copiel."  So - they had his name spelled both correctly and incorrectly on the same label.  But it all worked out in the end - I sent it to CGC and they fixed the label for free and all was right in the universe.  

1 hour ago, austinhg said:

52 minutes ago, DELTA 62 said:

I used to have a CGC slabbed book where Olivier Coipel did the cover art (not a sketch mind you) - and it was reflected correctly as such on the label regarding who the creators were that worked on the book.  It was also signed by him - but CGC put on the label that it was signed by "Olivier Copiel."  So - they had his name spelled both correctly and incorrectly on the same label.  But it all worked out in the end - I sent it to CGC and they fixed the label for free and all was right in the universe.  

It's not hard to do a little QC before printing labels or shipping books. Mistakes happen and it's great that they fix them for free but they have gotten a little to common recently.

On 10/30/2019 at 9:44 AM, RayJr said:

Commission by Nick Justus. I’m super excited about this commission. Whenever I get commissions done, I try to be different. I also tell the artist to surprise me. Headed to CGC. 

Youre a brave man. Ive tried this once and it didnt work out too well 

32 minutes ago, Nino_013 said:

Youre a brave man. Ive tried this once and it didnt work out too well 

@Nino_013, lol. Since being in the Army since Jan 1993 has taught me how to take chances brother. I have a few sketches and have not bee disappointed when I let the artist create a vision of the character I want.