• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hunting down a page...

14 posts in this topic

Ok so I've been hunting for years for the pages to Green Lantern 159 (Pollard art). As I find pages I buy them, or at least attempt to (I'll tell the story about the guy who has pages 2 & 3 later). 

So as Im doing random internet searches I stumble up on the google image of a page that I previously hadnt found, but it leads to a defunct page on CAF. 

Anyone know a way to dig up whose CAF page had the image? I'd love to see if they can pass along an email to the new owner...

1890531573_GL159p6.thumb.png.f444a66941f04d9e7e34f517e715e96b.png

Anyone have any other good tricks for hunting? 

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

Ok so I've been hunting for years for the pages to Green Lantern 159 (Pollard art). As I find pages I buy them, or at least attempt to (I'll tell the story about the guy who has pages 2 & 3 later). 

So as Im doing random internet searches I stumble up on the google image of a page that I previously hadnt found, but it leads to a defunct page on CAF. 

Anyone know a way to dig up whose CAF page had the image? I'd love to see if they can pass along an email to the new owner...

The text search result for that CAF page has preview text saying "located in Zhamlau's's Items For sale"

Edited by Greenlake

so on a related note pages 2 & 3 (which include a 1/2 splash across the bottom of both pages) has been owned by a guy for 7-8 years and every year or so I check in with him to see if he's interested in selling. The pages arent in his collecting interest, but they were given to him by a friend so he's hesitant to sell, no worries, Im just trying to be present in case he ever changes his mind. 

I check in with him over christmas and he says he's looking to get out of collecting, but I cant imagine trying to sell of the individual pieces so he might just give them all to an Auction house to deal with.... which on one hand, yay! Cause if they are up for auction I can actually try to get them! but on the other hand I've been emailing with this guy forever and he cant be bothered to just sell me the two pages I've been in contact with him about for almost a decade?!?!? *sigh* patience. I dont know his whole situation and maybe all he can do is all he can do, so I wait to see... but seriously 8 years!

21 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Just wanted to thank you guys.

Zhamlau reached out to me and offered to check with the guy he sold the page to to see if he still had it, That guy (also an off and on again boardie) DID still have it and was willing to sell/trade it to me and we worked out a nice easy swap for another Green Lantern Keith Pollard page I had from issue 158, and in the end I'm one page closer to my goal of all the OA from Green Lantern 159!

A success story!!!!  Huzzah!!  :headbang::banana::whee::golfclap:  Well done, all!

13 hours ago, miraclemet said:

That guy (also an off and on again boardie) DID still have it and was willing to sell/trade it to me and we worked out a nice easy swap...

This ending is almost rarer than the art itself.

15 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Just wanted to thank you guys.

Zhamlau reached out to me and offered to check with the guy he sold the page to to see if he still had it, That guy (also an off and on again boardie) DID still have it and was willing to sell/trade it to me and we worked out a nice easy swap for another Green Lantern Keith Pollard page I had from issue 158, and in the end I'm one page closer to my goal of all the OA from Green Lantern 159!

now if youll excuse me I have to get back to internet hunting!

WOOT! I love an art story like this! Congrats and good luck in the ongoing search!