• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUESS THIS! Most common CGC slab (book AND grade)
1 1

GUESS FIRST (don't cheat) - What is the most common CGC book AND grade according to the CGC Census (January 1, 2019)?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. GUESS FIRST (don't cheat) - What is the most common CGC book AND grade according to the CGC Census (January 1, 2019)?

• Universal CGC 9.6 Amazing Spider-Man #300
    • Universal CGC 9.4 Amazing Spider-Man #300
    • Universal CGC 9.2 Amazing Spider-Man #300
    • Universal CGC 9.8 Batman: The Killing Joke
    • Universal CGC 9.8 Spawn #1
    • Universal CGC 9.8 New Mutants #98
    • Universal CGC 9.6 New Mutants #98
    • Universal CGC 9.8 Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8
    • Universal CGC 9.6 Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8
    • Universal CGC 9.8 Venom: Lethal Protector #1
    • Universal CGC 9.8 Amazing Spider-Man #361
    • Universal CGC 9.6 Amazing Spider-Man #361

63 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

But yes, Spawn #1 was printed in huge numbers, and probably 90% of those books remain "in high grade" to this day, having been heavily speculated. I guess people didn't learn their lesson two years earlier.

Yeah, but the fact that the 90 day average for a 9.8 is hovering right around $100, I'd say that anyone buying this bulk en masse back in 1992 for $2 a copy didn't do too badly, at least if they were willing to hang on to the book for 25 years!

I'm also surprised at how quickly the book moves, given the sheer number of them. 

Of course, I feel the same way about Moderns in general. I look at the asking prices, then I look at the census numbers and shake my head. Modern keys are overpriced IMHO. Too many of em. 

3 hours ago, newshane said:

Of course, I feel the same way about Moderns in general. I look at the asking prices, then I look at the census numbers and shake my head. Modern keys are overpriced IMHO. Too many of em. 

Exactly this wording was used about Bronze Age books when this board started. :D