• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 "THIS SET DOESN'T EXIST, PLEASE BUILD" REQUESTS
10 10

237 posts in this topic

Hi Mollie,

Would you mind creating a set for Spider-Man Noir?

Thank you.

It appears that there are four issues with a variant for number one.  Thanks.

This request has been skipped due to the 7-21-19 edit. 

*Posts that have been edited after the original posting date will now be skipped and not revisited. Meaning, if you add more to your request at a later date, I will not fulfill it. Your request will be ignored and you will need to resubmit your request. In short, don't try to skip others. I'm hip to it. Don't do it.  Make a new post for your new requests, don't add to the old one.

• Mollie, can you add the following books to the Thor 1 Shot set with variants? Thanks 
  •  
  • Marvel Comics Group - Thor (July 2000)
  • Cert? I can't find this in the system.
  • Thor: Godstorm #1-3 (September – November 2001)
  • Thor: Godstorm isn't a one-shot. It has 3 issues and none are graded.
  • What If? Thor #1 (February 2006)
  • Thor: Secret Invasion #1-3 (August – October 2008)
  • Thor: Secret Invasion isn't a one-shot. It has 3 issues. Available in "Secret Invasion." 
  • Thor: The Rage of Thor (August 2010)
  • Captain America/Thor: The Mighty Fighting Avengers (Free Comic Book Day 2011)
  • Chaos War: Thor #1-2 (January – February 2011)
  • Chaos War: Thor isn't a one-shot. It has 2 issues. Available in "Chaos War"
  • Thor and Loki: Blood Brothers (March 2011)
  • Cert? I can't find this in the system.
  • Avengers Origins: Thor (January 2012)
  • Fear Itself: Thor #7.2 (January 2012)
  • Mighty Thor: At The Gates Of Valhalla (July 2018)

Mollie can you create these sets with variants? 

Thor: Vikings #1-5

Thor: Blood Oath #1-6

Thor and The Warriors Four #1-4

Certs? Have these been graded?

Thor: First Thunder #1-5

Iron Man/Thor #1-4

Astonishing Thor #1-4

Thor: Heaven and Earth #1-4

Only Issue 4 is graded. Please request this when you have another issue done.

Thor: The Deviants Saga #1-5

Thor vs Hulk: Champions of the Universe #1-6

Certs? Have these been graded?

Thank you 

On 6/28/2019 at 10:02 PM, BladeTX said:

Hi Stephen,

I've enjoyed our interactions together so please know I am showing an incredible amount of restraint here in my reply.   Your logic is flawed on so many levels.  I'll break it down into chunks like Ryan did.
1.  Mollie works for CGC.   CGC's business model is to get as many people to submit comics for grading as possible.  The Registry ONLY exists to further promote the CGC model, to their benefit as we all compete by getting books graded, even some books we don't particularly want to get graded but need them for to complete a set.  It also keeps the secondary market for high grade 9.8, 9.9 and 10.0 graded book white hot for competitive collectors.   So don't worry if Mollie is spending extra time building sets - that's exactly what CGC wants her to do.

2.  I am going to strongly disagree with the logic there should only be 1 Master TWD set that includes the variants.  First of all, that set is like 600 books now so can be a 6-figure deal to build the entire thing.  Second, even if I wanted to complete this one set, it is virtually impossible for me.  Why?  Because I was not on the "special list" of people who received all 151 store variants directly from Skybound  (152 I think if you include the one that was never released).  Do you know how impossible it would be to hunt down all those as raw books and then pray they are 9.8 worthy?   Honestly, except for you guys on the inside track, the full set is unattainable on the open market.

3. I love TWD, and I wanted to build a set I could be proud of.  So I decided 1-48 would be perfect for me.   It allows me to do something no one else has done, at least in the Registry, which is to have all 50 books in that set Signature Series and eventually 2xSS.    I'm having fun with it.  I will tell you if that shorter set did not exist, I would have stopped buying TWD graded books except the keys and a few extra ones I liked.  The Registry set established a goal, and I've been enjoying the 2 years of effort to build it.

4. I have all 60 of the 15ht Ann regular issues, except the 5 1:100 books.  All are high grade.  I think it would be cool to create that set.  Why would you be against that?

I don't criticize what people collect.  To each their own.  By the same logic, don't criticize what others want in the Registry.  It is petty and not your place.   

Hi BladeTX,

It's called a "Chat Board" or forum so we can "chat" and discuss matters. Such a chat pre-supposes that different people will have different views. You have read mine, and I am happy to hear yours. You may regard my view  "petty", but I reserve the right to express it, whether or not it accords with yours. As I said, I'm not a fan of multiple-upon-multiple, duplicated sets as has evolved in some of the titles you have mentioned. I have nothing to add, so lets move on :-)

Cheers

Stephen

Hello Mollie,

Can you please create a set for this Darkseid #1?  This is the only copy of this issue graded and I don't know how long the run was but I will ask for additions as I find them.  If this belongs in another set I could not find it.

Thank you!

fullsizeoutput_696.jpeg

I can't build a set that only has one book. However, I added it to the New Gods (Complete) Set

17 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

Hello Mollie,

Can you please create a set for this Darkseid #1?  This is the only copy of this issue graded and I don't know how long the run was but I will ask for additions as I find them.  If this belongs in another set I could not find it.

Thank you!

fullsizeoutput_696.jpeg

This would go in the _New Gods (Complete)_ set. 

Hello Mollie, 

Could you please add sets for :

- Underdog (Charlton Comics) - 0957107004 for reference,

- Britannia: We Who Are About To Die (Valiant) - 2030353008 for reference,

- Quantum and Woody (Complete) - which would include: Quantum and Woody (1997), Quantum & Woody (2013), Quantum and Woody Must Die! (2015), Quantum and Woody! (2017), Q2: The Return of Quantum and Woody, Quantum and Woody Valiant Sized, and the Quantum and Woody retailer edition.

Thank you very much, 

Rick

On 6/12/2019 at 10:16 AM, RayJr said:

Mollie, can you build the War of The Realms set with variants and Battlecats vol 2 set?

Thank you.

Only Issue #1 has been graded in the 2019 series. Please let me know when you get #2 done and I will build the 2nd volume.

Ok thanks Mollie 

I have a question about the Free Comic Book Day Books.. is there a set that they go in?   IE do they go in their 'Title' set or is there a place any of them exist?

If not is it possible to build a 'Free Comic Day Book Set"  might be tough to gather all of them but would be cool

Also: I have a sketch cover wonderwoman that was done at a convention but it doesnt seem to let me add it to the set. I think it goes to Wonder Woman - 2016 Rebirth set

It is #2502890005

Wonder Woman 58 Sketch Edition is available in "Wonder Woman (Rebirth - 2016)"

1 hour ago, comxdlr said:

I have a question about the Free Comic Book Day Books.. is there a set that they go in?   IE do they go in their 'Title' set or is there a place any of them exist?

If not is it possible to build a 'Free Comic Day Book Set"  might be tough to gather all of them but would be cool

Also: I have a sketch cover wonderwoman that was done at a convention but it doesnt seem to let me add it to the set. I think it goes to Wonder Woman - 2016 Rebirth set

It is #2502890005

That is pretty legit question. I never thought about that. Good one @comxdlr