• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 "THIS SET DOESN'T EXIST, PLEASE BUILD" REQUESTS
10 10

237 posts in this topic

HI Mollie,

Can we build a "Marvel Facsimile" set?

Amazing Spider-Man: Facsimile Edition [Issue 252, 2019]

Fantastic Four: Facsimile Edition [Issue 1, 2018]

Incredible Hulk: Facsimile Edition [Issue 181, 2019, regular]

Incredible Hulk: Facsimile Edition [Issue 181, 2019, Granov variant cover]

Incredible Hulk: Facsimile Edition [Issue 181, 2019, sketch edition]

Silver Surfer: Facsimile Edition [Issue 14, 2019]

Spectacular Spider-Man Facsimile [Issue 1, 2002]

Thanks!

Please add the following:

New Set Request:  DC One Million (1998)

It consists of 40 issues:  DC One Million 1-4 and 36 one-shots, as follows, for a total of 40 issues.

Issues: 

DC One Million 1, 2, 3, 4

DC One Million 80-Page Giant #nn

Action Comics 1,000,000 #nn

Adventures of Superman 1,000,000 #nn

Aquaman 1,000,000 #nn

Azrael 1,000,000 #nn

Batman 1,000,000 #nn

Batman: Shadow of the Bat 1,000,000 #nn

Booster Gold 1,000,000 #nn

Catwoman 1,000,000 #nn

Chase 1,000,000 #nn

Chronos 1,000,000 #nn

Creeper 1,000,000 #nn

Detective Comics 1,000,000 #nn

Flash 1,000,000 #nn

Green Arrow 1,000,000 #nn

Green Lantern 1,000,000 #nn

Hitman 1,000,000 #nn

Impulse 1,000,000 #nn

JLA 1,000,000 #nn

Legion of Super-Heroes 1,000,000 #nn

Legionnaires 1,000,000 #nn

Lobo 1,000,000 #nn

Martian Manhunter 1,000,000 #nn

Nightwing 1,000,000 #nn

Power of Shazam 1,000,000 #nn

Resurrection Man 1,000,000 #nn

Robin 1,000,000 #nn

Starman 1,000,000 #nn

Superboy 1,000,000 #nn

Supergirl 1,000,000 #nn

Superman 1,000,000 #nn

Superman: The Man of Steel 1,000,000 #nn

Superman: The Man of Tomorrow 1,000,000 #nn

Wonder Woman 1,000,000 #nn

Young Heroes in Love 1,000,000 #nn

Young Justice 1,000,000 #nn

Thanks!

Hey Mollie!

I would like to request two sets to be made:

1. Walking Dead: 15th Anniversary Variants (containing only the reprints of issue #'s 1, 2, 7, 19, 27, 48, 53, 92, 98, 100, 108, 127, 132, 167, & 171) - should be 65 books total with covers A, B, C, D (& E when applicable) 

&

2. Walking Dead: 15th Anniversary Store Variants (containing all 150+ of the English only printed store variants that are currently in the Complete w/ Variants registry set)

Thank you!

Ryan 

Mollie, can you create a Thor 1-Shot set with the titles of 

Ages of Thunder 

Truth of History 

God Size

Trial of Thor

Man of War 

Reign of Blood 

Finale & Heaven and Earth 

Title of book? Heaven and Earth is a Mini-Series not a one shot.

Wolves of the North

Thor and Loki: Blood Brothers

Graded? Can't find it.

Avengers Origins: Thor (January 2012)

Thor: Season One (December 2013)

Graded? Can't find it.

Generations: The Mighty Thor & The Unworthy Thor (October 2017)

Thor: Where Walk The Frost Giants (December 2017)

Graded? Can't find it.

Thanks

Requesting a Wolverine Limited Series (Complete with Variants) set:

Wolverine Limited Series 1

Wolverine Limited Series 2

Wolverine Limited Series 2 Canadian Edition

Wolverine Limited Series 3

Wolverine Limited Series 3 Canadian Edition

Wolverine Limited Series 4

Wolverine Limited Series 4 Canadian Edition

Wolverine Limited Series Trade Paperback nn

(Note: #1 has no Canadian Edition, because it was released a month before the Canadian Editions (75 Cent Price Variants) began in 10/82.)

Thanks!

On 6/19/2019 at 12:06 AM, Sensei Ryan said:

Hey Mollie!

I would like to request two sets to be made:

1. Walking Dead: 15th Anniversary Variants (containing only the reprints of issue #'s 1, 2, 7, 19, 27, 48, 53, 92, 98, 100, 108, 127, 132, 167, & 171) - should be 65 books total with covers A, B, C, D (& E when applicable) 

&

2. Walking Dead: 15th Anniversary Store Variants (containing all 150+ of the English only printed store variants that are currently in the Complete w/ Variants registry set)

Thank you!

Ryan 

Ryan, Mollie

I'm not so sure about this. All of these variants are already in the existing Complete with Variant sets. I don't see any value in breaking them out to make these two new sets. If this WAS a good, idea, we could progress as a result to an almost infinite number of sets - odd numbers, even numbers, #1-100, #49-100, #101-xxx, editions with and without walkers on the cover, editions with and without Letter Hacks, and so on and so on.

Sorry, Ryan - I'm against this. Let's just have, collect and enjoy non-repetitive TWD sets!

Kind regards

Stephen

I have no problem making any sets that make sense and that are within reason. There are a billion repeating sets in the Registry... 

His request seems fine to me. 

On 6/27/2019 at 11:44 AM, StephenWA said:

Ryan, Mollie

I'm not so sure about this. All of these variants are already in the existing Complete with Variant sets. I don't see any value in breaking them out to make these two new sets. If this WAS a good, idea, we could progress as a result to an almost infinite number of sets - odd numbers, even numbers, #1-100, #49-100, #101-xxx, editions with and without walkers on the cover, editions with and without Letter Hacks, and so on and so on.

Sorry, Ryan - I'm against this. Let's just have, collect and enjoy non-repetitive TWD sets!

Kind regards

Stephen

How about this instead, Stephen... just don't compete in those sets.  (shrug)  Other than you not wanting them, there's no reason not to have them.  There are 65+ books in one set I requested and 150+ in the other, which is by far MORE than the Walking Dead Italy or Argentina (or Magazine, Weekly, etc...I could go on and on - or Survivors' Guide as there are only 4 of those).  My counter to your argument is just to kindly say to you to not participate in them if you don't want them.  I could also make your same argument that your foreign editions you want to create sets for could also be custom sets, too, so there's no need for them to be their own sets due to lack of interest, either.  I'm not going to say that, though, because I know you want them created.  To me, there is more than a valid reason to create these sets above as there are more of those than all but 3 of the current Walking Dead sets that already exist (go check them out yourself in the W section if you need validation of this).

Based on your argument, there are hundreds of sets that already exist in the registry that do not need to exist because they already exist in 'complete with variants' sets.  I'll be more than happy to provide examples if you need me to. :preach:

I have no problem making any sets that make sense and that are within reason. There are a billion repeating sets in the Registry... 

Your request seems fine to me. 

11 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

How about this instead, Stephen... just don't compete in those sets.  (shrug)  Other than you not wanting them, there's no reason not to have them.  There are 65+ books in one set I requested and 150+ in the other, which is by far MORE than the Walking Dead Italy or Argentina (or Magazine, Weekly, etc...I could go on and on - or Survivors' Guide as there are only 4 of those).  My counter to your argument is just to kindly say to you to not participate in them if you don't want them.  I could also make your same argument that your foreign editions you want to create sets for could also be custom sets, too, so there's no need for them to be their own sets due to lack of interest, either.  I'm not going to say that, though, because I know you want them created.  To me, there is more than a valid reason to create these sets above as there are more of those than all but 3 of the current Walking Dead sets that already exist (go check them out yourself in the W section if you need validation of this).

Based on your argument, there are hundreds of sets that already exist in the registry that do not need to exist because they already exist in 'complete with variants' sets.  I'll be more than happy to provide examples if you need me to. :preach:

Whatever happens Ryan, I will (try to!) collect those 200+ editions in due course. I will list them in the "main" Complete with Variants set where they are already present (you might know that I helped Mollie to create the correct listing of the #1 store editions). If CGC decides to create your two new sets, I would set up competitive sets and add mine / duplicate my listings there too. That was not the point I was making.

It is not a "size" thing. The Survivors Guides are unique, and not duplicated elsewhere, despite being just 4 comics.

Likewise, Italian editions (etc.) are unique and not duplicated. I want to collect them. If others don't want to compete, they don't have to.

You say "there are hundreds of sets that already exist in the registry that do not need to exist because they already exist in 'complete with variants' sets." For me, I feel that this creation of duplication was a mistake, and creates work for Mollie. I agree with you (if that's what you said) that these endless set duplications do not need to exist. I'd like to see the TWD sets remain unique and un-divided, instead of infinite sub-sets of duplicates (as there are as you say "hundreds of" in other series).

Kind regards

Stephen

Hi Mollie, 

Could you please create a custom set for Marvel comic

Starboy #1

Starboy #2 Variant

Though there are only two comics in this set it is a unique and collected part of crossover music and comic culture. http://exclaim.ca/music/article/the_weeknd_sued_for_allegedly_stealing_the_idea_for_his_starboy_comic_book

Thanks, 

Jonny

I'm sorry, this book is just one issue and a variant. There has to be a second issue in the story for it to be considered as a Set. 

12 hours ago, StephenWA said:

Whatever happens Ryan, I will (try to!) collect those 200+ editions in due course. I will list them in the "main" Complete with Variants set where they are already present (you might know that I helped Mollie to create the correct listing of the #1 store editions). If CGC decides to create your two new sets, I would set up competitive sets and add mine / duplicate my listings there too. That was not the point I was making.

It is not a "size" thing. The Survivors Guides are unique, and not duplicated elsewhere, despite being just 4 comics.

Likewise, Italian editions (etc.) are unique and not duplicated. I want to collect them. If others don't want to compete, they don't have to.

You say "there are hundreds of sets that already exist in the registry that do not need to exist because they already exist in 'complete with variants' sets." For me, I feel that this creation of duplication was a mistake, and creates work for Mollie. I agree with you (if that's what you said) that these endless set duplications do not need to exist. I'd like to see the TWD sets remain unique and un-divided, instead of infinite sub-sets of duplicates (as there are as you say "hundreds of" in other series).

Kind regards

Stephen

Stephen,

I'm going to address your past reply in sections:

1. Check these out:

Walking Dead 1-48, Walking Dead Complete, + Walking Dead complete w/variants (note that all 3 sets contain issues #1-48 - also note that each registry set contains a minimum of 93 to a maximum of 322 participants with individual sets)

+

Action Comics Sets (multiple) + Amazing Spiderman sets (multiple) (note the literal dozens of sets for each series with numerous overlaps and the immense amount of individual participant sets in each)

Do I also need to give you the examples of Batman, Detective Comics, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Uncanny X-Men, etc., etc, etc.?  Just because that you feel it's superfluous to have sets that contain the same books doesn't mean there aren't users who completely disagree and want them there (clearly, you see there is interest in what I'm proposing in other areas and I believe it exists in TWD as well).  I'm fully aware that Mollie is the one doing the work and if she doesn't feel they're necessary, she won't make them.  It's rare, however, that I see her do this and I vehemently disagree with you that there isn't a need or want for these sets.  I encourage anyone who reads this and either agrees with me or you to also weigh in on this subject.

2. I know you feel that you were instrumental in helping get the store variants listed (and it's possible you were so I mean no offense by this) however Mollie was sent the same list you keep referencing direct from Skybound containing the entire list of store variant books (probably before you even contacted her about it as she's very in the loop on things).  On top of that, one of the many others of us (that collect TWD) would have requested to add the 15th anniversary variants and store variants to the complete TWD set at some point anyway so I don't feel how you requested their addition by sending them to Mollie matters in your dissent against my request. (shrug)  It would be comparable to me making a request for issue #298 getting added to the registry and feeling from that point on that I have some authority over what happens to them in other sets. 

3. In response to your 'it is creating work for Mollie' argument, everything we request is creating work for Mollie.  She encourages us to do this as it benefits CGC for us to collect the books in a friendly and competitive manner (the very basis of why the registry exists).  I would counter your argument by saying it would probably be easier for her to make these two sets because the books already exist in another set (so maybe it's easier to move them from one and copy them to another as opposed to creating all new slots with all new scores for other books).  The books exist, their scores exist, their slots exist....while I don't know the ins and outs of the software used to make them, I bet it's not as hard as you're making it seem.  Only Mollie can weigh in on that. So what I'm saying is that it's quite possible that it's easier to make these than making other sets from scratch.

4. Lastly - and this is all I'll say on it - I could have - when you made the request to create the foreign edition set(s) - come on here and argued that since so few people collect it you could just as easily save Mollie the same work you're complaining about me creating her and made yourself a custom set with ALL your foreign editions in them (which is why the custom sets exist in the first place).  I, however, did not as a courtesy to you.  I'm fine with whatever Mollie decides to do with these but I feel there is enough interest to warrant creating both sets.  Not everyone wants to create and compete with their 15th anniversary books in the complete with variants set and would like to be competitive with a standalone set and to do this the only way they can is if a set exists for them.

I'm more than happy to keep discussing this with you - feel free to PM me on the manner so we don't clog up this thread.  However, on the contrary, I'll be happy to keep discussing this on here if you feel it needs to be debated more for all to see (but I don't believe it does).

Ryan

Edited by Sensei Ryan

19 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Stephen,

1. Check these out:

Walking Dead 1-48, Walking Dead Complete, + Walking Dead complete w/variants (note that all 3 sets contain issues #1-48 - also note that each registry set contains a minimum of 93 to a maximum of 322 participants with individual sets)

+

Action Comics Sets (multiple) + Amazing Spiderman sets (multiple) (note the literal dozens of sets for each series with numerous overlaps and the immense amount of individual participant sets in each)

Do I also need to give you the examples of Batman, Detective Comics, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Uncanny X-Men, etc., etc, etc.?  Just because that you feel it's superfluous to have sets that contain the same books doesn't mean there aren't users who completely disagree and want them there (clearly, you see there is interest in what I'm proposing in other areas and I believe it exists in TWD as well).  I'm fully aware that Mollie is the one doing the work and if she doesn't feel they're necessary, she won't make them.  It's rare, however, that I see her do this and I vehemently disagree with you that there isn't a need or want for these sets.  I encourage anyone who reads this and either agrees with me or you to also weigh in on this subject.

2. I know you feel that you were instrumental in helping get the store variants listed (and it's possible you were so I mean no offense by this) however Mollie was sent the same list you keep referencing direct from Skybound containing the entire list of store variant books (probably before you even contacted her about it as she's very in the loop on things).  On top of that, one of the many others of us (that collect TWD) would have requested to add the 15th anniversary variants and store variants to the complete TWD set at some point anyway so I don't feel how you requested their addition by sending them to Mollie matters in your dissent against my request. (shrug)  It would be comparable to me making a request for issue #298 getting added to the registry and feeling from that point on that I have some authority over what happens to them in other sets. 

3. In response to your 'it is creating work for Mollie' argument, everything we request is creating work for Mollie.  She encourages us to do this as it benefits CGC for us to collect the books in a friendly and competitive manner (the very basis of why the registry exists).  I would counter your argument by saying it would probably be easier for her to make these two sets because the books already exist in another set (so maybe it's easier to move them from one and copy them to another as opposed to creating all new slots with all new scores for other books).  The books exist, their scores exist, their slots exist....while I don't know the ins and outs of the software used to make them, I bet it's not as hard as you're making it seem.  Only Mollie can weigh in on that. So what I'm saying is that it's quite possible that it's easier to make these than making other sets from scratch.

4. Lastly - and this is all I'll say on it - I could have - when you made the request to create the foreign edition set(s) - come on here and argued that since so few people collect it you could just as easily save Mollie the same work you're complaining about me creating her and made yourself a custom set with ALL your foreign editions in them (which is why the custom sets exist in the first place).  I, however, did not as a courtesy to you.  I'm fine with whatever Mollie decides to do with these but I feel there is enough interest to warrant creating both sets.  Not everyone wants to create and compete with their 15th anniversary books in the complete with variants set and would like to be competitive with a standalone set and to do this the only way they can is if a set exists for them.

I'm more than happy to keep discussing this with you - feel free to PM me on the manner so we don't clog up this thread.  However, on the contrary, I'll be happy to keep discussing this on here if you feel it needs to be debated more for all to see (but I don't believe it does).

Ryan

Hi Stephen,

I've enjoyed our interactions together so please know I am showing an incredible amount of restraint here in my reply.   Your logic is flawed on so many levels.  I'll break it down into chunks like Ryan did.
1.  Mollie works for CGC.   CGC's business model is to get as many people to submit comics for grading as possible.  The Registry ONLY exists to further promote the CGC model, to their benefit as we all compete by getting books graded, even some books we don't particularly want to get graded but need them for to complete a set.  It also keeps the secondary market for high grade 9.8, 9.9 and 10.0 graded book white hot for competitive collectors.   So don't worry if Mollie is spending extra time building sets - that's exactly what CGC wants her to do.

2.  I am going to strongly disagree with the logic there should only be 1 Master TWD set that includes the variants.  First of all, that set is like 600 books now so can be a 6-figure deal to build the entire thing.  Second, even if I wanted to complete this one set, it is virtually impossible for me.  Why?  Because I was not on the "special list" of people who received all 151 store variants directly from Skybound  (152 I think if you include the one that was never released).  Do you know how impossible it would be to hunt down all those as raw books and then pray they are 9.8 worthy?   Honestly, except for you guys on the inside track, the full set is unattainable on the open market.

3. I love TWD, and I wanted to build a set I could be proud of.  So I decided 1-48 would be perfect for me.   It allows me to do something no one else has done, at least in the Registry, which is to have all 50 books in that set Signature Series and eventually 2xSS.    I'm having fun with it.  I will tell you if that shorter set did not exist, I would have stopped buying TWD graded books except the keys and a few extra ones I liked.  The Registry set established a goal, and I've been enjoying the 2 years of effort to build it.

4. I have all 60 of the 15ht Ann regular issues, except the 5 1:100 books.  All are high grade.  I think it would be cool to create that set.  Why would you be against that?

I don't criticize what people collect.  To each their own.  By the same logic, don't criticize what others want in the Registry.  It is petty and not your place.   

Edited by BladeTX

Hello,

Requesting to add the following set: Generations: Phoenix & Jean Grey

Certification #: 1244633008

#1 Dodson Variant Cover

Certification #: 1582617018

#1 Fried Pie Edition

Certification #: 1992652017

#1 Stan Lee Box Edition

Certification #: 1242366020

#1 Unknown Comics "Virgin" Edition

Certification #: 0334974012

#1 Unknown Comics Edition

Certification #: 1242435015

#1 Variant Edition

Certification #: 1992654010

#1 Second Printing

Certification #: 0334860009

#1 Ross Variant Cover

Thank you!

I'm sorry, we don't build sets that only have one issue and variants. However, these books are available in the "Generations (All Titles)" Set already. 

On 6/28/2019 at 3:16 AM, Sensei Ryan said:

Stephen,

1. Check these out:

+

Ryan

Ryan, I believe we've both had our say, and expressed our views. I have nothing to add.

Kind regards

Stephen