• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUEST
14 14

546 posts in this topic

Walking Dead 2003 Complete with Variants:

Please move “WD 15th Anniversary Edition 1 Finch Variant covers A, B, C and D to below “WD 15thAnniversary Edition 1 Zombie Planet Edition” so that all of these 15th Anniversary  comics are shown together in numerical order (from #1 – 171).

8 hours ago, StephenWA said:

Hi Mollie,

Please make the following 26 adjustments to The Walking Dead 2003 with Variants set listing:

Please add these 20 comics (all 15th Anniversary Edition 1s):

1st Edition Edition (yes, two x ‘Edition’ – ‘1st Edition’ is its name)

Another Dimension Comics Edition

Collector Zone Edition

Comic Traders Edition

Comiczone Edition

Enjoy Comics Edition

Fantasy Realm Edition

Giant Robot Edition

Little Shop of Heroes Edition

Limited Edition Edition (yes, two x ‘Edition’ – ‘Limited Edition’ is its name)

Mad Ox Edition

Newbury Comics Edition

Redd Skull Comics Edition

Rogues Gallery Comics Edition

Showcase Comic Books and Collectibles Edition

The Amazing Comic-Fever Edition

The Comic Hunter Edition

The Core Edition

World’s End Edition

Rostov-on-Don Edition 

Please remove these 2 (reason as noted):

Legends Comics & Games Fresno Edition (the Legends & Games Edition above it in the list is the only one – duplication)

Midtown Comics Online Edition (the Midtown Comics Edition above it in the list is the only one – duplication)

Please make the following 4 corrections:

BuyMeComics.com Edition should be named BuyMeToys.com Edition

Comicaze Comics Books and More Edition should be ComicKaze Edition

Infinite Mushroom Comic & Game Shop Edition should be The Infinite Mushroom Edition

Laughing Ogre Comics Edition should be The Laughing Ogre Edition

I agree (I think so, at least) with all of this with the possible exception of adding the Showcase Comic Books and Collectibles Edition - I think that one needs more discussion.  In the essence of full disclosure I have a NM+ copy of my own and can and will submit it if necessary (like I said, I can sub it myself and subsequently add it) but the owner of the shop claims it was never produced as they weren't happy with the look of the store logo (so it was technically never released).  I know there is already a leaked copy graded (it's on eBay being touted as a 4K book lol as someone is trying to exploit the issue's rarity) and I know some of us are lucky enough to have it in our possession but if it was never technically produced I think we should at least discuss it's addition. If the masses lean toward adding it then so will I...I just think it warrants the debate.  I'm honestly fine either way but wanted to bring that discussion to light.

https://www.facebook.com/ShowcaseComicBooksandCollectibles/ 

The post discussing the book can be found on December 28th, 2018 - you'll have to scroll down a little to see the discussion.   Not trying to raise a fuss, but I don't want to also go forth with grading something that might be removed later at some point if the shop owner brings it up to CGC.

SR

20 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

I agree (I think so, at least) with all of this with the possible exception of adding the Showcase Comic Books and Collectibles Edition - I think that one needs more discussion.  In the essence of full disclosure I have a NM+ copy of my own and can and will submit it if necessary (like I said, I can sub it myself and subsequently add it) but the owner of the shop claims it was never produced as they weren't happy with the look of the store logo (so it was technically never released).  I know there is already a leaked copy graded (it's on eBay being touted as a 4K book lol as someone is trying to exploit the issue's rarity) and I know some of us are lucky enough to have it in our possession but if it was never technically produced I think we should at least discuss it's addition. If the masses lean toward adding it then so will I...I just think it warrants the debate.  I'm honestly fine either way but wanted to bring that discussion to light.

https://www.facebook.com/ShowcaseComicBooksandCollectibles/ 

The post discussing the book can be found on December 28th, 2018 - you'll have to scroll down a little to see the discussion.   Not trying to raise a fuss, but I don't want to also go forth with grading something that might be removed later at some point if the shop owner brings it up to CGC.

SR

I agree with Sensei Ryan's comments here.  If the book was never officially published by Image/Skybound, and only a few rare unreleased copies were shipped, then it should not be a requirement for this set.   Jeez, it's going to be hard enough for the regular collector to hunt down the 100+ store variants without requiring unreleased versions too.

20 hours ago, BladeTX said:

I agree with Sensei Ryan's comments here.  If the book was never officially published by Image/Skybound, and only a few rare unreleased copies were shipped, then it should not be a requirement for this set.   Jeez, it's going to be hard enough for the regular collector to hunt down the 100+ store variants without requiring unreleased versions too.

--this might be off topic as far as "adding to sets" go-  but the mystery behind this Showcase Walking Dead goes deep (IMO)-- my question is how did the seller know that that particular variant was not  going to be available and not going to the shop and that it would be so rare?  how did they know to pull that particular book out of the sea of retailer variants?  there was obviously some inside information going on somewhere to know that the book in question was not released?  that book was subbed pretty fast after the variants released.   Most of the graded 15th anniversary editions sell 30-50 bucks 9.8 graded-  somehow the seller knew to pull that particular book and capitalize on it-  the book was graded and put up for sale before the store made any statements about it-  All this is probably all just a "nontroversy"- i was just curious how anyone could have known about this book. (and i'll follow classy Ryan in disclosing i also have a copy- and plan on grading it-)(i'm not too concerned if it gets added to the set or not- as long as i can register it to my custom set)-- ALSO- supposedly 500 books were printed per store-  so does that mean that are 500 copies of this book out there like the rest?  (people are obviously obtaining them)

7 hours ago, MrWalkingDead said:

--this might be off topic as far as "adding to sets" go-  but the mystery behind this Showcase Walking Dead goes deep (IMO)-- my question is how did the seller know that that particular variant was not  going to be available and not going to the shop and that it would be so rare?  how did they know to pull that particular book out of the sea of retailer variants?  there was obviously some inside information going on somewhere to know that the book in question was not released?  that book was subbed pretty fast after the variants released.   Most of the graded 15th anniversary editions sell 30-50 bucks 9.8 graded-  somehow the seller knew to pull that particular book and capitalize on it-  the book was graded and put up for sale before the store made any statements about it-  All this is probably all just a "nontroversy"- i was just curious how anyone could have known about this book. (and i'll follow classy Ryan in disclosing i also have a copy- and plan on grading it-)(i'm not too concerned if it gets added to the set or not- as long as i can register it to my custom set)-- ALSO- supposedly 500 books were printed per store-  so does that mean that are 500 copies of this book out there like the rest?  (people are obviously obtaining them)

I guess it would be interesting to know how they slipped through.  I am aware that certain people obtained every store variant through Image and this was likely included in that batch.   Which is interesting as these seem to have been mailed after the books were released, so possibly they were pre-packed in advance?   And I checked with my LCS who had a book made and the minimum  run was 500.  For very large stores (Metropolis in NYC) there could have been more.

Hello Mollie,

Please add the following:

Set : X-O Manowar (2012)            

X-O Manowar (2012)      #20         

X-O Manowar (2012)      #44         Variant Cover

X-O Manowar (2012)      #47         Second Printing

X-O Manowar Annual 2016 #1    Level Variant Cover

4001 A.D.: X-O Manowar #1    Variant Cover B (Lee was added)

4001 A.D.: X-O Manowar #1 Second Print (No Second Print in system, Cert?)

Also, in this set for X-O Manowar #50, you have it listed with a zero instead of a capital letter ‘O’ in X-O.

Set : X-O Manowar (2017)

X-O Manowar (2017)      #2           Suayan Variant Cover

X-O Manowar (2017)      #9           Pre-Order Edition

X-O Manowar (2017)      #16         Tan Variant Cover

X-O Manowar (2017)      #19         Suayan Variant Cover

X-O Manowar (2017)      #19         Suayan Sketch Cover

X-O Manowar (2017)      #19         Pre-Order Edition

Set : X-O Manowar (Complete)

X-O Manowar (2012)      #20         

X-O Manowar (2012)      #44         Variant Cover

X-O Manowar (2012)      #47         Second Printing

X-O Manowar Annual 2016 #1    Level Variant Cover

4001 A.D.: X-O Manowar #1 Variant Cover B (Again, Lee)

4001 A.D.: X-O Manowar #1 Second Print (Cert?)

X-O Manowar (2017)      #2           Suayan Variant Cover

X-O Manowar (2017)      #9           Pre-Order Edition

X-O Manowar (2017)      #16         Tan Variant Cover

X-O Manowar (2017)      #19         Suayan Variant Cover

X-O Manowar (2017)      #19         Suayan Sketch Cover

X-O Manowar (2017)      #19         Pre-Order Edition

Hello Mollie,

Please add the following:

Set : X-O Manowar (2012)            

X-O Manowar (2012)  #46  ChrisCross Variant  (not a typo…no space & a second capital ‘C’ in ‘ChrisCross’)

CGC # 1289712003

Set : X-O Manowar (Complete)

X-O Manowar (2012)  #46  ChrisCross Variant  (not a typo…no space & a second capital ‘C’ in ‘ChrisCross’)

CGC # 1289712003

Thank you.

(It was in under Variant Cover C)

Could you please add wolverine issues to 

Wolverine complete set

Specifically: Return of Wolverine #1

2nd print error (printed with 2 pages of doctor aphra)

My cert number is

Set: Howard the Duck Vol 5 (2016)

Book - Multiple - Will List

Just to start, I am about to get all my books graded, and add them to the competitive set, however, when looking, it appears as if all the books aren't listed. 

Now, because some just say "Variant" instead of which variant, it is hard for me to tell which copy is missing, so I will include as much information as I can.

Issue 1 - Missing None

Issue 2 - Missing One (Should have: Fred Hembeck Variant Cover, Gwen Pool with ak47 cover (Not sure of name), Gwen Pool Cover 2nd Printing with AK (not sure of name), and the Outerspace Cover (Not sure of name) - Sorry I can't be more of a help on these)

Issue 3 - Missing Two (Should have: Joe Quinones Cover, Rob Liefield Gwenpool Variant Cover, Paolo Rivera Variant Cover, Joe Quinones 2nd Printing Variant Cover) - Not sure if 2nd printings qualify.

Issue 4 - Missing 2 (The Three different covers are: Regular Joe Quinones & Kevin Wada Cover, Kamome Shirahama Variant Cover, Michael Cho Variant Cover)

Issue 5 - Missing None

Issue 6 - Missing None

Issue 7 - Missing None

Issue 8 - Missing Two (Should have: Butch Guice Classic Variant Cover, Joe Quinones Cover, and Dustin Weaver "Story Thus Far" Cover

Issue 9 - Missing One ( Should have: Regular Cover, and Joe Quinones Incentive Variant Cover)

Issue 10 - Missing None

Issue 11 - Missing Two (Should Have: Joe Quinones Cover, Jamal Campbell Defenders Cover, Chip Zdarsky Last Issue Cover (Which I think is the most awesome), and John Tyler Christopher Action Figure Variant Cover

I hope this helps, thank you!

There could be more I'm missing - These are just all I can tell. Variant Covers are all hard to get the names right on. Everyone could call it something different. 

Thanks for looking, and sorry if I'm wasting your time!

On 2/4/2019 at 11:24 PM, BladeTX said:

I agree too with Ryan and Blade. If it was not officially produced (and it wasn't - "It was never OK'd to print" - see below the official comment from Showcase), it should not be added to the official set. It reminds me of the fake "Museum Edition" bouncing around a while back. Theft should never be rewarded.

From the Showcase Facebook site:

"Attention everyone interested in the elusive Showcase Comics Walking Dead Variant:

The eBay seller is not lying. This book is incredibly rare because it’s not supposed to exist. When we made our order for the variant we were super excited to do another store exclusive, but did not like the way the proof looked when it was emailed to us, so we cancelled the order before it went to print. Someone decided to run off a few copies I guess and they were leaked from the printer. We did not get ANY copies of this issue. It was never OK’d to go to print. 

The eBay seller is in no way affiliated with the store, we had zero knowledge that this book existed till Tuesday when we were contacted out of the blue by someone looking for a copy, then someone else, another someone else, and add another dozen and a half people to that in 2 days calling and looking for it, and you can see what we are dealing with right now. 

We have been in contact with Image regarding this issue and will keep you all posted."

Edited by StephenWA
Typo

Please add to J Scott Campbell Cover set:

Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey #1 JScottCampbell.com Edition A Cert # 1601771011

Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey #1 JScottCampbell.com Edition B Cert # 1570350002

Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey #1 JScottCampbell.com Edition F Cert # 1601771016

Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey #1 JScottCampbell.com Edition G Cert # 1601771019

There is a C,D,E, and H Cover too

Secret Empire #1 Stan Lee Collectables/Cinque Edition A Cert # 1249091023

Secret Empire #1 Stan Lee Collectables/Cinque Edition B Cert # 1249091021

Secret Empire #1 Stan Lee Collectables/Cinque Edition D Cert # 1996234021

Secret Empire #1 Campbell Variant Cover Cert 1516160001

Secret Empire #2 Campbell Variant Cover Cert 1516160002

Secret Empire #7 Campbell Variant Cover Cert 1215048011

There is a Campbell Variant Cover for 3,4,5,6,8,9,10 as well

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #6 Stan Lee Collectables Edition A Cert # 1996234023

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #6 Stan Lee Collectables Edition B Cert # 1996234024

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #6 Stan Lee Collectables Edition C Cert # 1996234022

X-Men: The Wedding Special #1 Cert # 0353560025

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special #1 Variant Edition Fee # 1239153001

Thank You!

I realize my post showed "edit" due to me correcting spelling, I'll restate and take a new place in line :foryou: here goes

to the Wolverine complete set I would like to add

Return of Wolverine #1 

Specifically the 2nd print error printed with 2 pages of Doctor Aphra

Cert#    2010077001

Hi Mollie... 

Could you please add the following:

Set: Invincible

Book: #98 (2001024016)

Set: Imperium 

Book: #4 Braithwaite Variant Cover (2001024006)

Set: Harbinger (2012)

Book: #24 Cover A (2001024002)

Book: Harbinger:Omegas #1 Variant Edition (Valiantcraft Variant) (2011668005)

Set: Bloodshot Reborn

Book: #17 Robertson Variant Cover (2001024001)

Book: #10 LaFuente Variant Cover (2011668008)

Thanks!

Hi Mollie,

Both of the below issues are graded and on the way back from CGC and need to be added as I post this.  Thanks!

Set: 

Fat Freddy's Cat

Issue:

Fat Freddy's Cat 1 Fourth Printing

On the above, I have a request in already to have the fourth printing added for issue #1.  When I was looking at the census, I notice there are no graded copies of issue #2 third print.  Can you remove that one when you get the 4th printing of #1 added? 

Set:

NYX: No Way Home

Issues:

NYX: No Way Home 5

NYX: No Way Home 6