• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUEST
14 14

546 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2019 at 10:10 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Hi Mollie,

Not an addition, but a subtraction that I believe is in order.  In the Amazing Spider-Man (Annuals & Giant-Sized) set, for some reason there are two slots for Giant-Size Spider-Man #6.  I think this is in error.  Can you take a look?

Thanks!

Weird. Thanks for the heads up. It has been removed.

Thanks Mollie ... but I think there's still a problem.  I see that there's now only one slot, but when I try to add my copy (certification #1286272025), I get an error message that the book isn't valid for the slot.  For what it's worth, my book *was* valid for the other slot that seems to have gone away.

So my selfish solution would be, please bring back the slot you removed, and get rid of this other one ... but I have no idea what other problems that might cause.  I am 99.99% sure there is only one "edition" of Giant-Size Spider-Man #6, so I'm wondering if there's a problem with the underlying data for this registry slot?  Anyway, please let me know if there's any other information I can give you to help get to the bottom of this.  Thank you again!

EDIT:  I see that you found a way to make it so that my book is valid for the slot.  Thank you Mollie!  :golfclap:

On 4/29/2019 at 12:20 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

I respectfully disagree with adding Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey and Wizard: The Superman Tribute Edition #nn to this set. 

Yes, Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey does finish a fight started in the Death and Return storyline but it is a sequel that came out over a year later. I think the set should stay focused on the three chapters that ran simultaneously - Doomsday, Funeral and Reign of the Supermen form 1992 to 1993. Maybe have a separate set for all the Doomsday miniseries?

I do agree with adding Newstime #nn, D.C. Comics 5/93 as it was published by D.C. Comics to coincide with the Death of Superman but D.C. did not publish the Wizard magazine. I also think that since the Wizard magazine is not a comic book is another reason it should not be added, the magazine is nice but it's also a price guide. There are also other comics magazine tribute issues similar to the Wizard edition. Yes, the Newstime special is in magazine format, but it was put together by D.C. writers and artists, I know that may sound like a stretch, but the Newstime edition feels more like a comic book as it has art from the comic creators, while the Wizard edition is a collection of articles, photos and art. 

I'm for keeping this set as it is, with D.C. issues cover dated from 1992 to 1993. 2c

B

You sold me... should we also remove the MOS 19 2005 Mattel reprint then?  I like with keeping in the 1992-1993 range based on your rationale and the 2005 reprint seems out of place based on that.

This book has been removed. 

On 6/12/2019 at 9:41 PM, Iconic1s said:

You sold me... should we also remove the MOS 19 2005 Mattel reprint then?  I like with keeping in the 1992-1993 range based on your rationale and the 2005 reprint seems out of place based on that.

I think the 2005 MOS 19 reprint doesn’t really belong either, I’m not sure how the other few who have it would feel but I support removing it.

This book has been removed.

13 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

Also, what do you think about adding Supergirl/Lex Luthor Special #1? It takes place either before or after Legacy of Superman #1.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:49 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Also, what do you think about adding Supergirl/Lex Luthor Special #1? It takes place either before or after Legacy of Superman #1.

Am not afraid to edit this because it was a comment and not an actual request... have since looked into this book and totally agree with the addition.  This is also included in the Death of Superman Omnibus.  Feel a bit disloyal and inattentive to have missed this book back when originally collecting the series!

Mollie, do I need to do a separate post requesting MOS 19 2005 reprint be removed from this set?  Seems odd that a reprint from 12 years after the fact would be part of the set.

Edited by Iconic1s
Did more research into the book

Hello Mollie, this is a request to remove a book from a set.

Set: Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return)

Book: Superman: The Man of Steel 19 Mattel Reprint (2005)

This book was a reprint that was done 12 years later.  It was included with an action figure and has a completely different cover (It definitely doesn't follow the roman numeral format for later printings seen throughout the rest of the set either).  For these reasons I do not think it belongs in this set.

Thank you!

Hello,

Can the following addition be made please?

Set: Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return)

Book: Superman: The Man of Steel 20  (2/93) Second Print

20190615_000042.jpg

20190615_000018.jpg

5 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

Hello Mollie, this is a request to remove a book from a set.

Set: Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return)

Book: Superman: The Man of Steel 19 Mattel Reprint (2005)

This book was a reprint that was done 12 years later.  It was included with an action figure and has a completely different cover (It definitely doesn't follow the roman numeral format for later printings seen throughout the rest of the set either).  For these reasons I do not think it belongs in this set.

Thank you!

I agree with this request.

Hi Mollie,

Please add the following to the "Obama Master Set":

Barack Panther #1 (regular)

Barack Panther #1 (Big Time Collectibles Edition)

Barack Panther #1 (Big Time Collectibles Foil Edition)

Barack Panther #1 (Foil Edition)

Barack Panther #1 (Green Foil Edition)

Barack Panther #1 (Variant Cover)

Thanks!

-Chris