• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUEST
14 14

546 posts in this topic

Hello,

Can you please add this comics to the Registry:

Set: J. Scott Campbell Covers

Book: Chastity v2 #1 2019 Dynamite Entertainment Incentive "Carve" Edition 

Certification Number: 2076961006

Set: J. Scott Campbell Covers

Book: Spawn 300 9/19 Image Comics Variant Cover G

Certification Number: 2076961007

Thanks!

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:17 AM, Taxmick1 said:

Hi!  In a request dated October 18, 2019, in this thread, I noted that I believed my copy of Pure images #v2 #1 had been incorrectly identified as Pure Images #2 in the "Dave Stevens Covers" set.  

Consequently, Pure Images #2 was removed from the set ...

Well … I was wrong!  There is a Pure Images #2 as well as a Pure Images #v2 #1 … both with Dave Stevens covers (see Pure Images # 2 below).

Please add again to the "Dave Stevens Covers" set:

Pure Images #2 (2059132004)   

My apologies to N2WDW (Mike) for having it removed and that it affected your book in the Dave Stevens set!

Pure Images #v2 #1 CGC 7.0.jpeg

IMG_2329.thumb.JPG.25108c0d6dcfda289e5af7250f8f6960.JPG

Thanks @Taxmick1.  And with all due respect, I think in the future, if someone requests that an existing slot be removed, then people who already have comics in that slot should be pulled into the loop, so we can get the benefit of groupthink on whether a slot is right or wrong.  I think that this is the best way to use crowdsourcing to make the registry as accurate as possible.

On 10/23/2019 at 1:30 PM, NerdingOut said:

Hi Mollie

Can you please update

SET: Jenny Frison Cover Set

ISSUES: Please bring current the Wonder Woman issues in the set

#40 (Frison Variant) - 'Swan's Song Conclusion'
#41 (Frison Variant) - 'Amazons Attacked Part One'
#42 (Frison Variant) - 'Amazons Attacked Part Two'
#43 (Frison Variant) - 'Amazons Attacked Part Three'
#44 (Frison Variant) - 'Amazons Attacked Part Four'
#45 (Frison Variant) - 'Amazons Attacked Finale'
#46 (Frison Variant) - 'The Dark Gods Part One'
#47 (Frison Variant) - 'The Dark Gods Part Two'
#48 (Frison Variant) - 'The Dark Gods Part Three'
#49 (Frison Variant) - 'The Dark Gods Part Four'
#50 (Frison Variant) - 'The Dark Gods Finale'
#51 (Frison Variant) - 'The Fifty-Second Visit'
#52 (Frison Variant) - 'The Enemy of Both Sides, Part One'
#53 (Frison Variant) - 'The Enemy of Both Sides, Part Two'
#54 (Frison Variant) - 'The Enemy of Both Sides Part Three'
#55 (Frison Variant) - 'The Enemy of Both Sides Finale'
#56 (Frison Variant) - 'The Witching Hour Part 2'
#57 (Frison variant) - 'The Witching Hour Part 4'
#58 (Jenny Frison Variant) - 'The Just War Part I'
#59 (Jenny Frison Variant) - 'The Just War Part II'
#60 (Jenny Frison Variant) - 'The Just War Part III'
#61 (Jenny Frison Variant) - 'The Just War Part IV'
#70 (Jenny Frison variant) - 'Love is a Battlefield, Part 2'
#71 (Jenny Frison Variant) - 'Love is a Battlefield, Part 3'
#72 (Jenny Frison Variant) - 'Love is a Battlefield, Finale'
#73 (Variant Cover) - 'The Queen and the Empress'
#74 (Variant Cover) - 'Return of the Amazons Part I'
#75 (Card Stock Variant) - 'Return of the Amazons Part 2'
#76 (Frison Variant) - 'Mothers and Children'
#77 (Frison Variant) - 'Loveless, Part 1'
#78 (Frison Variant) - 'Loveless Part 2'
#79 (Variant Cover) - 'Loveless, Part 3'

Thanks,
Nathan   Set updated. They are at the bottom of the list but will be alphabetized when the server updates.

Hi, please note that there is a gap in the Wonder Woman covers issues 62-69 that are not Jenny Frison covers. These should be excluded from the Jenny Frison Cover Set and seem to have been added by mistake. Thanks!     Corrected. Thank you for the catch!

On 11/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, Werner_Von_Doom said:

I may be late to the Canadian Edition discussion (if there was one), but I completely disagree with adding these to this (or any) set.  If non-US editions are added to sets, it never ends. For example, I own about 10 different versions of FF 112, should all of those versions be added as well?  If this was discussed and decided on, fine, but if adding these was just a one-off, I'd like to have them removed. Thanks.

Not sure if there was a discussion, but the FF (Complete) set does NOT include these variants, just US editions.

Only the FF (Complete with Variants) set was used for the Canadian editions- where else would they be placed? They are in English (as opposed to another language) and are price variants. As a matter of fact, issues from the 80s are exactly the same as the US newsstand edition, except for the difference in price. I would say that yes, your FF 112 variants would belong in that particular set as well.

Edited by Lookin4Newsstands
Quick addition minutes after posting.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:42 PM, celluloidbuff said:

Well, I wish you the best of luck in your new position. Hopefully the team they've hired is being trained by you prior to your departure. I've seen too many times where all the accumulated knowledge, shortcuts and other secrets don't get passed along and the new ones are left to flounder until they figure things out.

I'm going to be a bit selfish now and ask for a couple additions to the Star Wars Action Figure Variant Covers set:

Star Wars #64 Wonderworld Comics Edition - Cert. # 2504360001 (the regular action figure variant for #64 is already in the set; this is a second cover with same issue number)

Star Wars: Age of Republic - Count Dooku #1 - Cert. 2495460064

Star Wars: TIE Fighter #1 - Cert. # 1429636004

Thank you!   Set updated.

Thank you very much! Could I bother you to fix the scores? Some of them are 0 or 9 for a 9.8 Signature Series. That seems off.          Done. Thanks!   :) 

On 11/1/2019 at 6:38 PM, nepatkm said:

Hello Mollie,

could you please add the following books to both The Punisher (2018) , and The Punisher Complete sets

Punisher #1(2018)-MikeZeck.com Edition (certification #2499556004)

Punisher #2(2018)-MikeZeck.com Edition (certification #2499556009)

also The Punisher(2018) series #10-16 and the variants applicable..

—Thank You again for all that you, and The CGC staff do. :headbang:

Thank you for adding these books to the Punisher (2018) series. (thumbsu (Variants still missing, also no points given for issues #10, and #11 :( Points have been updated

Punisher (2018) #11 Battlelines Variant ..also #15 variant    Variants updated

346098539_Punisher(2018)11_VariantBattleLines.thumb.jpg.c0e8fde5ffb681dc63aaadf844b265ae.jpg

----However, I still cannot add these books to the Punisher Complete set.. hm   Set Updated

Thank you for your time, I greatly appreciate it. :foryou:
-Mike 

16 hours ago, Lookin4Newsstands said:

Not sure if there was a discussion, but the FF (Complete) set does NOT include these variants, just US editions.

Only the FF (Complete with Variants) set was used for the Canadian editions- where else would they be placed? They are in English (as opposed to another language) and are price variants. As a matter of fact, issues from the 80s are exactly the same as the US newsstand edition, except for the difference in price. I would say that yes, your FF 112 variants would belong in that particular set as well.

Cannot disagree more.  Canadian editions are not variants. They do not belong in this set. If there was a foreign edtion FF set, they would belong there.  There are literally thousands of additional entries if we go down this route. How about the hundreds of pence versions?

9 hours ago, Werner_Von_Doom said:

Cannot disagree more.  Canadian editions are not variants. They do not belong in this set. If there was a foreign edtion FF set, they would belong there.  There are literally thousands of additional entries if we go down this route. How about the hundreds of pence versions?

Again, the 1980’s Marvel Canadian editions are a carbon copy of the the US newsstand editions, with the exception of a higher price in the price box. They are price variants.

I haven’t collected Pence variants (from 70’s?), but if the same is true with them, I believe they should possibly go into a ‘complete with variants’ set as well.

However, Canadian Editions are set apart from other foreign editions in the following ways:

- same release date as US edition

- same currency as US (dollars, although Canadian dollar a diff. rate)

- same language as US

- Canada is in same continent as US 

- US issues released after 80’s Canadian editions stopped being produced show 2 prices in the same price box on cover: price for US and price for Canada.

Edit

Please add Untamed Love #5 (Quality Comics, 9/50) to the Seduction of the Innocent Comics registry set.

On page 40 of the Seduction of the Innocent, Wertham describes a comic story as follows: "The youthful reader can also acquire the technique of how to seduce a girl. First you get her boyfriend away on a fictitious errand, ‘knowing it would keep him for most of the night.’ After a dance you invite the girl for ‘a little bite’ at ‘a road-house just over the state line’: ‘Here we are Gale! A nice little private booth! Like it?’ The girl: ‘Yes – I wouldn’t for the world let Nicky think I wasn’t sophisticated enough to appreciate it!’ Then you make love to her. ‘Nicky! Let me go! All the people!’ Nicky: ‘You’re right honey! What do we want all these people for? Let’s go upstairs to the terrace!’ ‘Upstairs was a long narrow hall with five or six doors! Nicky opened the nearest one and I found myself in a small, shoddy-looking room!” Nicky: ‘I think we’ll be much more comfortable in here, don’t you honey?’ Heroine: ‘Nicky! I want to go home! Please let me go!’ Nicky: ‘Home was never like this, baby! Come on, give papa a kiss!’”

These quotes come from the story "A Streak of Badness" contained in Untamed Love #5.    Slot added.

On 11/15/2019 at 5:32 AM, Lookin4Newsstands said:

Again, the 1980’s Marvel Canadian editions are a carbon copy of the the US newsstand editions, with the exception of a higher price in the price box. They are price variants.

I haven’t collected Pence variants (from 70’s?), but if the same is true with them, I believe they should possibly go into a ‘complete with variants’ set as well.

However, Canadian Editions are set apart from other foreign editions in the following ways:

- same release date as US edition

- same currency as US (dollars, although Canadian dollar a diff. rate)

- same language as US

- Canada is in same continent as US 

- US issues released after 80’s Canadian editions stopped being produced show 2 prices in the same price box on cover: price for US and price for Canada.

Canadian versions are not "variants". They haven't been for the past 40 years. Not saying they aren't collectible (I have many), they just aren't variants. They are foreign editions.  Pence versions are identical to Canadian versions and they have never been "variants".

On 11/15/2019 at 1:15 PM, Taxmick1 said:

Please add to the "Immortal Hulk" set:

Immortal Hulk #20 BillSienkiewiczArt.com Edition (2500609009)

Thanks - Mike

Actually, the whole set needs updating.   

Set has been updated though out of order. We are working on our server currently, stay tuned. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Werner_Von_Doom said:

Canadian versions are not "variants". They haven't been for the past 40 years. Not saying they aren't collectible (I have many), they just aren't variants. They are foreign editions.  Pence versions are identical to Canadian versions and they have never been "variants".

I would have to disagree- they are indeed ‘price variants’ of the same currency, and within same continent. Pence variants are not identical to US and Canadian editions in that way.

I think most Canadian editions I’ve ever seen for sale even included the words ‘price variant’ in the title of the listings. Foreign editions from any other countries have not.

Had to normalize Font size

2 hours ago, Lookin4Newsstands said:

I would have to disagree- they are indeed ‘price variants’ of the same currency, and within same continent. Pence variants are not identical to US and Canadian editions in that way.

I think most Canadian editions I’ve ever seen for sale even included the words ‘price variant’ in the title of the listings. Foreign editions from any other countries have not.

Canadian currency is not US currency. They are foreign books.  Collectible, probably rarer than US versions, but they not variants any more than Mexican or UK versions are variants.  These handful of random foreign books should not be in the registry for this set, especially if the hundreds of others are left out.

7 hours ago, Werner_Von_Doom said:

Canadian currency is not US currency. They are foreign books.  Collectible, probably rarer than US versions, but they not variants any more than Mexican or UK versions are variants.  These handful of random foreign books should not be in the registry for this set, especially if the hundreds of others are left out.

Canadian dollar May not be not equal to a US dollar, but it’s still a dollar, and same continent. Price box for each type of cover is square, unlike all other foreign variants I’ve seen, and the same size as well. Covers look so much like the US version that CGC states the actual higher cover price of Canadian editions on the CGC label.

I’d be interested in what collectors of 1980’s Canadian Edition price variants (which for Marvel ran from late 1982-1986) think about them belonging to ‘complete with variants set’, and would be interested in what CGC thinks as well.

Meant to type more, before originally saving.

Hello Shannon :) I'm back with another Newsstand Priced Edition :) 

This time to be added to Amazing Spider-man (including variants) set, and also Amazing Spider-man Volume 1&2 Complete (including variants)...         Added to both sets

There are only 3 cert number's so far, one being mine 

Certification number is 

Mollie,

Hope all is well.

Please add the following books to set -- "Fantastic Four (Complete with all variants)"

Issue #10 with all variants

Issue #11 with all variants

Issue #12 with all variants

Issue #13 with all variants

Issue #14 with all variants

Issue #15 with all variants

Sincerely,

Warren          Set updated.