• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best of 2018: BUDGET EDITION - Now Open for Entries and Voting!
3 3

130 posts in this topic

Get your last-minute entries and votes in! We will close it out Wednesday night.

Take another pass through the thread and vote for your favorites! (Keep in mind there is a limit on how many Likes you can make in a 24-hour period. So don't wait and try to vote on everything the last day. Break up your voting over 2-3 days.)

:banana:, and sorry @BCarter27!  You'll get me next time!

If anyone is tempted to get yourself a piece from Xurxo, I highly recommend him.  Great communication and a solid job of shipping too.  He made the packaging artwork!!

https://www.instagram.com/xurxogpenalta/

http://www.xurxogpenalta.com/

5 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Tears will be shed. Agents will be thanked. And bragging rights will be had. BECAUSE THE RESULTS ARE IN!

In the PUBLISHED category, @DJonesholds vigil over Gotham with his David Lapham Batman TPB cover! ^^

Published-results-2018.png.94acba07f4002cddc075fa65dd1d561e.png

And in the UNPUBLISHED category, @GotSuperPowers? devours all worlds with his Xurxo Penalta Surfer and Galactus commission! ^^

Methinks Xurxo is getting some new commission requests in his Inbox!

(And on a personal note, this is the second time in recent memory @GotSuperPowers?has beat me to the punch. You know what I'm talkin' 'bout, Simon! lol )

Unpublished-results-2018.png.9919e78e9abb0164ab6513c1661d6781.png

And in our TASTEMAKER category for the boardie with the most total votes -- a category that I just made up to make myself feel good -- my wife and I won! Yay us! :applause:

Boardie-total-results-2018.png.689d16d07c4f30372d2a3f9863747ee4.png

Thanks to everyone who participated this year. We had a lot more entries this go around and some great selections -- maybe due to raising the cap from $300 to $400? Or maybe everyone is just getting better at picking out great stuff!

And now it's time to throw down the six-jeweled gauntlet for 2019... Who will be victorious?! See you here next year at the same Bat-time!

Many thanks to everybody who voted for my piece.  I'm surprised I won the PUBLISHED category, there was a lot of great budget art entered this year in the thread, very encouraging!  I was certainly pleased to come across the Batman splash for sale locally on the OFFERUP app in the final days of 2018.  I made a "hail mary" offer for a bit less than the original asking price and the seller accepted.  The guy I bought it from acquired it directly from Nathan Massengill the inker some years ago at a con. With my tight budget, I didn't think I'd ever be able to own art like this but was in the right place at the right time I guess. (thumbsu

Thanks for hosting this @bcarter27 !   Given the rising prices of everything comic art related, its great to see that many people are still able to obtain amazing art at reasonable prices.   For anyone interested, my Dike Ruan piece was $200 shipped, 11x17 and in colors.  He was great to work with, took some art directing well and included progress shots.  He's now repped, so who knows what his prices may be now, but hopefully still a bargain. 

Edited by eewwnuk