• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are any of the comics which I found worth a CGC slab or even has resale value or is this pretty much toilet paper?

12 posts in this topic

So these comics I am pretty sure are completely worthless and nobody probably even wants this.  I think actual toilet paper has more value than these but just posting on here to make sure. If you want any of these or you think it has resale value let me know. If any are even Slab worthy also let me know. Basically, let me know which ones are just trash so I can toss them in the garbage or any value whatsoever to get graded or just simply sell.

2 Superman Comics are pretty beat up and has tear 2 comic covers and massacre in Metropolis cover does not sit straight (probably leads a press ), rest of the comics seem in pretty good shape.

THANKS!

20190103_001121.thumb.jpg.07ced6153a20947948a000a372ea97b2.jpg20190103_001020.thumb.jpg.dd92ef36b9256864f4fad756e4d66151.jpg20190103_000854.thumb.jpg.bceec71407c10098344dd4b9562258dd.jpg

20190102_031732.jpg

20190103_000450.jpg

20190103_000557.jpg

20190103_000617.jpg

20190103_000652.jpg

20190103_000724.jpg

20190103_000750.jpg

20190103_000814.jpg

20190103_000833.jpg

20190103_001138.jpg

None of these are worth grading in the condition they are in. I'd hold onto the Batman Beyond, Amazing Spider-Man #1 Pro-Action, and Sensational Spider-Man #21 (it's a newsstand). I don't believe those three comics are worth much at the moment in their condition, but I'd hold onto them in case something makes them spike.

4 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

None of these are worth grading in the condition they are in. I'd hold onto the Batman Beyond, Amazing Spider-Man #1 Pro-Action, and Sensational Spider-Man #21 (it's a newsstand). I don't believe those three comics are worth much at the moment in their condition, but I'd hold onto them in case something makes them spike.

This

Why is the cage #1 not worth anything lo I might literally throw all these in the trash since you guys said even the condition of these sucks The Spiderman Comics and X-men comics are ok condition all the superman comics are beat up pretty badly.

5 minutes ago, MALUJJ23 said:

why is the batman beyond worth anything I got this from six flags when I was a kid, It even says six flags in the corner

the six flags makes it a little more rare but in that condition rare may not equal value. But it is worth holding in case something happens with the character.

I like saving “worthless” comics for wrapping paper. Makes gifts look cool. Just an idea. 

Giving them to kids is good advice...but every time I do they don’t care and they get thrown away anyway. I know it’s heartbreaking to some of us to throw a comic in the trash but it’s ok guys, no ones gonna die. 

3 hours ago, MALUJJ23 said:

Why is the cage #1 not worth anything lo I might literally throw all these in the trash since you guys said even the condition of these sucks The Spiderman Comics and X-men comics are ok condition all the superman comics are beat up pretty badly.

The Cage is not worth anything for a couple reasons.

1. The comic came out during a time when publishers were printing a lot more issues than they are today, and many collectors were stuffing them away in bags and boards. So, the supply of nm copies is very high.
2. Nothing of importance happens in that issue, so there is not really a demand

(high supply + low demand = not worth a lot)

The only thing it has going for it is the first appearance of some very very very very very minor characters. They could appear in a movie or TV show and cause the value to increase. With that said, Netflix canceled the Luke Cage series, and the comic isn't in great condition. 

The other comics I mentioned that are worth keeping are variations of their direct-market editions or are special "limited" printings. If there is ever a reason for demand to increase on the Batman Beyond or Sensation Spider-Man, there might be someone willing to pay up for a version that wasn't printed as highly as the direct-market versions or is some type of variant. I am not familiar with the ASM Pro Action, but there might be a Spider-Man completest looking for one someday. 

In the current market, your best bet is to research these issues to find out if any contain a first appearance. If they do, then do some more research on the possibility of the characters being featured in other formats. Ultimately, the decision is up to you.

Edited by awakeintheashes