• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your collecting goals for 2019...
3 3

56 posts in this topic

1) buy more cool golden age books that I like and seem awesome 

2) figure out where to start storing some of these slabbed books that is secure and makes sense.  The books are taking over my place.

3) go to a few more cons just to hang out and feel the vibe and drink beers

8 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Here's my wish list I shared on Instagram. Don't expect to take down all of them, but will be happy if I can even get one :) 

IMG_20181230_215305.jpg

There's a cover-less copy of that book in the top right I have my eye on :) Good choices all around.

edit: I'm wrong, disregard, wrong issue :(

Edited by waaaghboss

2019 Collecting goals:

1) lose 20 pounds... yep it’s a collecting goal.  Had to promise my wife I’d do this by May in order to be allowed to borrow money from her (myself) to buy a really big book I was desperate to get.  If I fail to lose the weight I forfeit the book!

2) Finish the Fox Phantom Lady set, still need 14 and 18

3) get more high grade Rangers/Firehair books and original art....

On 1/4/2019 at 8:55 PM, szav said:

2019 Collecting goals:

1) lose 20 pounds... yep it’s a collecting goal.  Had to promise my wife I’d do this by May in order to be allowed to borrow money from her (myself) to buy a really big book I was desperate to get.  If I fail to lose the weight I forfeit the book!

2) Finish the Fox Phantom Lady set, still need 14 and 18

3) get more high grade Rangers/Firehair books and original art....

2) and 3) accomplished...1)...ehhh...the Mrs. was kind enough to grant me an extension to make this a 2020 goal!...but this time its for real!

27 minutes ago, szav said:

2) and 3) accomplished...1)...ehhh...the Mrs. was kind enough to grant me an extension to make this a 2020 goal!...but this time its for real!

:roflmao:...  (thumbsu(thumbsu

Suspected that would be the real drawback.  I know, I’ve been there (it’s a constant battle, and I love my ale).

Suggestion for resolving #1.  Have all your on-hand cash converted to dollar bills before your next GA purchase.

Put on twenty, take off twenty: Bingo!..No problem.  ;)