• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your collecting goals for 2019...
3 3

56 posts in this topic

This seems like a good thread idea that someone came up with on another board.  It can be anything from New Year's resolutions, major acquisitions, divestment of some collectibles, refocusing on others, completing a run, snagging that elusive grail, art collecting, memorabilia collecting, lobby cards, films, records, CDs, etc.  Just toss out some ideas on where your focus is for the coming year.  Who knows, maybe someone here can help point you in the right direction.

My goals are much simpler written out than acquired, but here are my primary targets for 2019...

1. More GA wheelhouse books (HG Timelys, Hits, maybe EC, Lev Gleason Silver Streaks, Cat-Man, a D.C. or two)

2. Upgrading some undercopies

3. Original pulp and 50's SF art covers (George Rozen, Alex Schomburg, etc.)

4. More :tink:

Now it's your turn.  Feel free to share what you'd like and be coy about things close to your vest.  One final note: Our convention iteneray will be expanding a bit this year.   Our first comic event will be Wonder Con in Anaheim this March.  This wii be my first Wonder Con (be gentle). :wink:

12 minutes ago, walclark said:

I think my collecting goal for 2019 will be to begin to cull some books from the herd.  I need to rediscover a focus or a passion for my collection.

How about upgrading copies in your complete Hitler cover collection? :idea:

1. Buy stuff for less than it's worth

2. Sell stuff for more than it's worth...

Kidding!

1. Maybe flip a couple of books in my collection that I like, for a book that I love (like another Okajima)

2. Try to reclaim Top Registry set for my Space Adventures so I can keep my streak alive. 

3. Finally buy a Schomburg WW2 cover comic...

4. Continue to hunt for original art from Green Lantern 159 (my first Lantern comic) and gently prod the one guy I know who has pages that aren't mine to try to get him to sell to me...

2 hours ago, miraclemet said:

1. Buy stuff for less than it's worth

2. Sell stuff for more than it's worth...

Kidding!

1. Maybe flip a couple of books in my collection that I like, for a book that I love (like another Okajima)

2. Try to reclaim Top Registry set for my Space Adventures so I can keep my streak alive. 

3. Finally buy a Schomburg WW2 cover comic...

4. Continue to hunt for original art from Green Lantern 159 (my first Lantern comic) and gently prod the one guy I know who has pages that aren't mine to try to get him to sell to me...

#2 could be a tough goal! ;)

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:30 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Hoping to find some dirt cheap early Detectives :wishluck:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

are-you-serious-wtf-meme-baby-face.jpg.3b977642e4bf003189c5d20e583854c9.jpg

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:xDxDxDxDxDxD:jokealert::jokealert::jokealert:lol