• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Philadelphia Comic Con - Sunday January 20

13 posts in this topic

Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

Date: Sunday, January 20, 2019
Hours: 10am to 4pm
Admission: $3
Location: Clarion Hotel Conference Center (formerly Ramada Philadelphia Airport), 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029
Parking: Free on-site

Special Guests
- Paris Cullins - Marvel and DC artist on Blue Beetle, Blue Devil, and more!

- Bob Petresca - Marvel and DC artist 

Comic and Collectibles
Over 60 dealer tables provide a huge selection of comic books and related collectibles!  
 - Golden Age Comics
 - Silver Age Comics
 - Bronze Age Comics
 - Modern Comics and the Latest Issues
 - Original Artwork
 - Graphic Novels, Trade Paperbacks and Hardcovers
 - DVDs
 - Japanese Manga
 - Toys and Action Figures
 - Statues and Busts
 - Non-Sportscards

Door Prizes
Hourly door prizes will be given away starting at 11am!  Hold on to your entrance ticket for a chance to win.  You must be present to win.

Directions
The Philadelphia Comic Book Convention is located near the Philadelphia Airport at the Clarion Hotel Conference Center (formerly the Ramada Philadelphia Airport), 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029.

From Southbound I-95 - Take I-95 S to Exit 9A (Essington).  Merge onto 420 S (Wanamaker Ave).  Turn RIGHT onto Industrial Highway.  The Clarion Hotel is on the LEFT side.

From Northbound I-95 - Take I-95 N to Exit 8 (Ridley Park).  Stay to the RIGHT and merge onto S. Stewart Ave.  Turn LEFT onto Industrial Highway.  The Clarion Hotel is on the RIGHT side.

Public Transportation - Accessible by SEPTA Bus Route 37

Google Map to Philadelphia Comic Book Convention  

For Information or Dealers' Tables
Phone: (856) 217-5737
Email: dwoywood@yahoo.com
Official Website:   www.philadelphiacomic-con.com  

Next Show
The next show will be on Sunday March 3, 2019.

Edited by RedFury
Added date of next show

14 hours ago, MadJimJaspers said:

Can someone tell me what dealers will be there? This is a slight drive and weather is supposed to be horrible so I'm contemplating.

I'm not sure who is going to be there, but there is always a good range of people from PA, NJ, and Maryland, with a nice range of eras. There is always a set of dealers with very nice Gold and Silver books, and there are others that focus on more modern books. 

5 minutes ago, RCheli said:

I'm not sure who is going to be there, but there is always a good range of people from PA, NJ, and Maryland, with a nice range of eras. There is always a set of dealers with very nice Gold and Silver books, and there are others that focus on more modern books. 

Thanks for the reply! Weather permitting I'll try and make the drive.

1 minute ago, MadJimJaspers said:

Thanks for the reply! Weather permitting I'll try and make the drive.

It looks like it's going to be rainy in the morning, turning over to a freeze in the afternoon.

I suspect that I may start breaking down my booth around 1 or 2 (which I never like to do, but I'd rather leave early than die in a car crash on the Blue Route).

9 hours ago, RCheli said:

(I'd rather leave early than die in a car crash on the Blue Route).

I was envisioning the same thing, but I'm going to go and hopefully get home before the icing gets too bad.

Edited by Brother J