• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worth it to CGC Showcase #55?

11 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

Yeah the 1st Silver Age appearance of Solomon Grundy, 1st Silver Age appearance of Golden Age Green Lantern and the origin of Doctor Fate and Hourman in text.

Historically vg-fn copies sell anywhere from 50-130 ish. Probably not worth the expense of slabbing imo

A great book, to be sure, but not at all difficult to find in that grade.  Earth 2 stuff in general doesn't interest collectors anymore, apart from Flash 123, but there are a ton of S.A. Flash collectors right now.  Grundy, Fate, and Hourman all appeared on TV already, and the price on this one didn't move in mid-grade, so if you bought it to spec, I'd sell them and put the money into something else.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:50 PM, First Upgrade said:

I upgraded my copy of Showcase #55 last year. The under copy was graded, CGC 4.5...

20190227_164631.jpg

This is a good example of "Why did someone submit this comic to CGC?"   The book was obviously mid grade, and has an Overstreet value of around $50.  Why spend $25 to get it graded and slabbbed? (shrug)