• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What dId I stumble upon?

17 posts in this topic

I have found a comic book collection all types of marvel and DC and even ninja turtles earth worm Jim and Ren and stimpy. Here's a couple pics . Is my collection worth going through and can I finally buy that new car

20190103_144217.jpg

20190103_143939.jpg

You may have some books of value in your new collection but what you have shown are not worth anything. The Captain America is a nothing book and the My Love is very beat up. These are called "dollar books" as in sellers would put them into their dollar bin stock hoping to sell them and then after they don't sell move them to the 25 cent bin.

On 1/3/2019 at 12:07 PM, Winta said:

Is my collection worth going through and can I finally buy that new car

The answer is a possible YES if you are referring to a new Tonka car from a discount store.  (thumbsu

You definitely wouldn't be able to buy one of those vintage Tonka collectible cars with what you have shown us so far.  :frown:

I'd say go to ebay and look for your books and see the 'sold' values.  Make sure to account for the condition/grade of the comic. Good luck.

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

The answer is a possible YES if you are referring to a new Tonka car from a discount store.  (thumbsu

You definitely wouldn't be able to buy one of those vintage Tonka collectible cars with what you have shown us so far.  :frown:

How about a nice new Mercedes?

Now it all depends where you found them. If obtained from an estate sale then they are priceless. If found in old box in attic then look out, fortune is coming your way. Just read thru ebay auctions and you will see the key words that make a book valuable. Like "comes bagged and boarded" in the title. Man I start to drool when I see that line. "Free bag and board" in title and i'm bidding on the book immediately.

I thought the same thing about my 25cent box finds and years later Big Hero six became a Disney movie.  Not a fortune but more than I paid for the 40 comic lot.  

On another note I found a Spawn #2 newsstand cgc at 9.4 but cant find on census and only one sold on eBay CGC graded with upc.  

I paid $63 slabbed.  Was it worth it. Looks like the direct editions go for $43ish. 

On 1/3/2019 at 2:07 PM, Winta said:

I have found a comic book collection all types of marvel and DC and even ninja turtles earth worm Jim and Ren and stimpy. Here's a couple pics . Is my collection worth going through and can I finally buy that new car

You are supposed post these threads on a Friday - you were a day early. 

I am usually not a "sarcastic twit", however...(BTW, that is sarcasm) since this seems to be a "spoof" thread.

The two books you have pictured which appear to be in eBay grade of "Near Perfect" are valued in the Overstreet Price Guide at...

Captain America 351 - $3.00 (NM 9.2)

My Love 29 - $4.00 (GD 2.0) - $50.00 (NM 9.2) SELL, SELL, SELL while the Iron Is Hot!!!