• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

good deal?

65 posts in this topic

What makes you think that ASM demand will dry up yet Action demand will be forever? That just doesn't make too much sense IMO. I guess I could say the same thing about Action 1..it may always be "worth" something huge, but if there's noone willing to pay it..it'll just sit.

Brian

"trade for the first unrestored 'any grade at all' copies of Action#1 and Detective#27 you see. Trade up your current HOT books for bluechips while they are hot. These will be worth more and more money in 50 years because they are American Icons! And their first appearances are historic collectibles that transcend genre.

You're right. Trade all those in for the first appearances of cultural icons and forget that relatively unknown, and seldom collected Spider-Man guy.

Oh no, Spidey dosen't "transcend genre". Just ignore the record breaking movie last summer. Hurry, move out all those useless Spidey's now, they're just temporarily hot. No ones going to want them in 10 years. smirk.gif

Amazing Spider-who?

Listen, ASM books will ALWAYS be big. Unlike Action 1 or Tec 27, they're attainable for most, hence the demand. You know why Action 1 is more likely to stay static? Because any time one is offered, there will only be a handful of people able to buy it. Of course more Spidey's exist, but becuase of their affordability, tons of demand exists for them.

But seriously, saying that Action 1 and Detective 27 will hold value is a no-brainer. But how can you discount the early Silver age? It sounds like your letting personal preferences get in the way of your judgement on investments.

Seriously, this thread should die. We all get your point. Everything is going down except Tec 27 and Action 1; people paying for 9.6's are stupid who are going to lose their money; you're older, and us young guys don't know what we're talking about, and so on.

IMO, the hobby took a turn you don't like, so you make yourself feel better by knocking everyone and everything that involves this new evolution. Your points are valid, and I like debating, but not when people act like they know everything, and can see into the future. The fact is, time will tell. This whole argument has been beaten to death, and I for one think we should take a break from it.

asm #60 in 9.4 went for over $500 last night and a really nice looking asm #69 in 9.6 went for $570 I believe to comiclink. I recently sold a #69 in 9.4 for $400 so the demand is there for the sol called "easy to find" spideys below #100 but look at #60. All black cover always fetches a premium. Another one is #63,51,71....

Seriously, this thread should die. We all get your point. Everything is going down except Tec 27 and Action 1; people paying for 9.6's are stupid who are going to lose their money; you're older, and us young guys don't know what we're talking about, and so on.

IMO, the hobby took a turn you don't like, so you make yourself feel better by knocking everyone and everything that involves this new evolution. Your points are valid, and I like debating, but not when people act like they know everything, and can see into the future. The fact is, time will tell. This whole argument has been beaten to death, and I for one think we should take a break from it.

I think you summed me and the points Ive been talking about pretty well...so I'll let it go. I cant predict the future any more reliably than anyone else and what seems to make the most sense to me in regards to whats going on in comics lately is counter to what many of you here are seeing...

But seriously..$600 for a 9.6-------uh oh--caught myself!!

never mind.