• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iron Man #55 Double Cover/Diamond Insert (Mark Jeweler) 9.4/9.2 OW/W

10 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, clubberl said:

Getting it out there for a look see...

Was thinking of putting it up on an auction site, but wanted to throw it out to the masses first.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192778336187

That's a really cool book. Putting a valuation on a book like this is very difficult and you probably are best served by putting it up for auction. Let us know if you decide to have an auction as I would definitely like to bid !

16 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

That's a really cool book. Putting a valuation on a book like this is very difficult and you probably are best served by putting it up for auction. Let us know if you decide to have an auction as I would definitely like to bid !

Bob likes the freak show...

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:08 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

Thanks! I will post when I put it up for Auction. Not sure who to go with, CL or Heritage. Used CL a few times, never had any problems.

23 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

but is "Double Cover" exactly what it sounds like?

is it a manufacturing error that put to covers on it?

yes and yes (there have been instances where it was done after the fact to scam people but generally it is a manufacturing error, a very groovy one at that!)

Just now, Bird said:

yes and yes (there have been instances where it was done after the fact to scam people but generally it is a manufacturing error, a very groovy one at that!) 

I cant believe I didnt run into one...

I inherited a 175 Boxes collection...

I went through nearly 50,000 comics and never ran into this flaw and didnt even know it existed until today...

Incredible

14 hours ago, clubberl said:

Thanks! I will post when I put it up for Auction. Not sure who to go with, CL or Heritage. Used CL a few times, never had any problems.

IM 55 does not have "Mark Jewelers" inserts, it only has a National Diamond Insert. I would like to see a photo of the underside of that slab to see if the tell tale blue and white edges of the Diamond Insert are visible to make sure it is really there. 

-J.