• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 15 vs ASM 1
2 2

48 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

Lets say you had about 10K worth of graded comics to sell and you wanted to re-invest that money into either a Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 1.0 ish (complete) or an Amazing Spider-Man 1.0 at about a CGC 5.0. Or any comparable value grade of the two.

Which one would you go for?

AF15 has been on the decline as of late. ASM 1 has seen solid increases the last year or so. Tough to know where the market will slide on a given year but imop, ASM 1 is and has been the hotter book. Goodluck with your decision.

AF15 has been sliding, not doubt. It's setting in the sun, it's due date is up as we say in the world of television. Don't get me wrong it's not gonna be in the dollar box. Ever. ASM1 might be the better choice. JMHO so take it for what it's worth. Or get an AF15 on the cheap, just don't know when the cheapest will be - 4 or 5 years from now?? They're literally included in every auction, without fail. 

EDIT: and of course get what ever one you want. Collect what you want and all that but you did ask.

Edited by NoMan

8 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

This topic leads me to a hypothetical:  if people make more money buying and reselling Book A  than Book B, is that a major factor in determining that Book A is the better book?

You gotta define your terms: Better how, better why? Better investment? Better art? better story? better for "feel good nosalgia? Better is so subjective. My Rom #1 could be better than your Gains File copy of Vault of Horror whatever.

Edited by NoMan

3 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

This topic leads me to a hypothetical:  if people make more money buying and reselling Book A  than Book B, is that a major factor in determining that Book A is the better book?

Just now, NoMan said:

You gotta define your terms: Better how? Better investemtn? Better art? better story? better for "feel good nosalgia? Better is so subjective. My Rom #! could be better than your Gains File copy of Vault of Horror whatever.

Yeah, I considered that after I posted and reread what I wrote.
When typing my post, I was thinking of "better" as "more desirable".  I suppose that still leaves too much room for ambiguity.