• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help re: BATMAN piece by Norm Breyfogle
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2019 at 7:42 AM, Gal Schwartz said:

TBH, I felt uncomfortable to ask for a substitute piece from the family.

Also, according to one person related to the estate, they didn't even find any Batman art
at his apartment (apart from a few doodles from Norm's childhood).

The current whereabouts of the artwork that was in Norm's possession before his passing
is a mystery and I was hoping the community would help me solve it.

Thanks !

I hate to say it, Gal, but if you're not willing to at least ask the family to help you with this and make things right, then you might as well just give up and chalk it up to an unfortunate loss. I hate to say this and sound harsh, but you being so passive about it in the first place caused this problem and you being passive now is not going to solve the problem.

On 3/5/2019 at 4:21 PM, Catwoman_Fan said:

Maybe the art passed through one of the dealers (Anthony Snyder/Burkey) did you check with them?

Also, offering a finder's fee may help uncover the art. 

I did check with a few of the dealers. I posted this topic mainly to find out if anyone seen this art float anywhere. 

I'm seriously considering offering a "finder's fee", what's the standard (based on similar situations) ?

14 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

I hate to say it, Gal, but if you're not willing to at least ask the family to help you with this and make things right, then you might as well just give up and chalk it up to an unfortunate loss. I hate to say this and sound harsh, but you being so passive about it in the first place caused this problem and you being passive now is not going to solve the problem.

Moving forward, I'll give some serious thinking to what you have been saying. Thank you.

Gal, I think all of these people are missing the point.  I had a long rant prepared about them being very business oriented and transactional about these kind of situations not understanding you are a friend, not a dealer trying to make a buck.  But not worth my time, people will be who they will be.  If you would reach out to me I have some thoughts I'd like to share.  I hope you eventually find the art.