• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Won a ebay auction for The Amazing Spider-Man#362 did I get a good deal or did I get ripped off?

36 posts in this topic

For some reason this feels to good to be true to get the 2nd appearance of carnage and 1st comic with venom spider-man and carnage on the same cover for only $19.10 cents and its very fine condition 

Is this some cheap version or the original print  or some edition I am unaware of like a knock off version or is this the  fair price I got it for $19.10  for this comic or did I get ripped off?

I am trying to get issue #361 also but price seems to high right now.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by BITCOINSWAMI

I have a Near Mint copy that I'll give you for $100, if it will make you feel better about it lol:jokealert:

But seriously that is the First print, and no you didn't get ripped off.... well comparatively :foryou: you bought the that book, in the condition described, at a price you were happy to pay...

Nothing necessarily "fishy" about it (thumbsu 

Of course if you were so inclined you could have bought it already CGC graded in Near Mint for not much more.... :foryou: 

Near Mint is considered CGC 9.4 with 9.6 being Near Mint (+) and 9.2 being Near Mint (-)...... or you could go all out and buy a 9.8, which is considered Near Mint/ Mint!

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have a Near Mint copy that I'll give you for $100, if it will make you feel better about it lol:jokealert:

But seriously that is the First print, and no you didn't get ripped off.... well comparatively :foryou: you bought the that book, in the condition described, at a price you were happy to pay...

Nothing necessarily "fishy" about it (thumbsu 

Ok i am just asking why the seller is selling this at such a low rate and just seems very fishy because other sellers sell around 40-50 bucks or more in the same condition. I just feel this might be some cheap edition. You think getting this for 19.10 is fair or not worth it? I don't see how the first appearance of carnage venom and spider man on the same cover is so cheap.

Edited by BITCOINSWAMI

1 minute ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

Ok i am just asking why the seller is selling this at such a low rate and just seems very fishy because other sellers sell around 40-50 bucks or more in the same condition. I just feel this might be some cheap edition.

a quick ebay search for me to see what your saying, it seems the going rate really (shrug) it costs like $20 to get a modern "graded and slabbed" and this book in 9.4 would only cost you the going rate of around $30 + shipping, so a raw copy at $20 is really asking a lot, unless you just want it to read :foryou: 

8 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

How much does a near mint or very fine slab cost then for this then for issue 362?

My plan is the get issue 361 362 363 364.

here are sold copies on ebay, and #362 in 9.6 sold for $50

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=amazing+spider-man+362+cgc&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=13

here is from lowest to highest... to see if it has gone up at all in the past 3 months...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=amazing+spider-man+362+cgc&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=15

some sellers might be seeming to get "more" as they are selling #361 with it...

6 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

man now I feel stupid 20 dollars is not worth it? lol

Don't feel bad, we've all been in your shoes! it's a learning curve (thumbsu you'll get used to "shopping" and different prices, it REALLY IS A LOT TO TAKE IN!

At least your learning cheaply, wait until you buy books to send in for grading, your first sub might show what all our's do .... that our grading skills start out lacking...

AT LEAST YOU GOT A NEAR MINT looking copy, if the book does go up in value, then you could send it in for slabbing or send off for a signature... it's all the fun of it... plenty of good could come from buying this raw copy.... :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
"all our's" clarity

What part Dallas you from bro  @ADAMANTIUM I live in Dallas also the Irving area.

I just got into collecting comics after a long hiatus of 10 to 12 years. I bought a bunch of OOP omnibus and will post is later on once they arrive in the mail. I just feel like the carnage comics will sky rocket in value when the venom carnage movie comes out.

31 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

What part Dallas you from bro  @ADAMANTIUM I live in Dallas also the Irving area.

I just got into collecting comics after a long hiatus of 10 to 12 years. I bought a bunch of OOP omnibus and will post is later on once they arrive in the mail. I just feel like the carnage comics will sky rocket in value when the venom carnage movie comes out.

Titan comics wouldn't be too far from you, they have a good selection of back issues, "usually" priced well...

Maybe ask questions and start threads here :foryou:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/93-newbie-comic-collecting-questions/

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Too not to

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
4 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

lol , noob move I know but I don't want to get screwed. In the end he just will have to re-post it that is all. I messaged him and he said no body even put a bid on this for over 6 months

Maybe ask questions and start threads here :foryou:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/93-newbie-comic-collecting-questions/

might be beneficial to get your frustrations out by posting in the forum linked and not risk making anymore mistakes lol but all in all "this" buyer may understand :wishluck: but plenty of veterans and LCS owner's post in the forum I linked.... you'll get your answers and hopefully not ruffle too many feathers that way..... :makepoint: like I said, it's a learning curve... :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

32 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

My plan is the get issue 361 362 363 364.

The books you actually want are 360-363.  I believe Cletus Kasady/Carnage makes a cameo appearance at the end of 360.  361-363 are the first appearance of Carnage as well as the full 1st arc with the character.

25 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

Ok I am going to cancel the auction and not pay for this

This is considered very poor form and will oftentimes get you listed in the eBay blocked user thread here.  It may additionally deter buyers/sellers here from wanting to deal with you as well.

1 hour ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

Ok I am going to cancel the auction and not pay for this because your right if I wanted to get this slabbed its gonna cost another 30 plus shipping costs plus getting the 150 membership. I just saw cgc slab on ebay 9.5.9.8 for around 60 70 dollars.

giphy.gif