• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Collection Insurance
1 1

8 posts in this topic

+1

I have been using them since 2008.

They do not ask for appraisals, you need to determine an approximate value of your collection and you determine how much you would like to insure your books for, you can change that amount at any time as your collection/budget changes.

I currently have my collection insured for $30,000.00 and the cost is $150.00 per year, I have never had to file a claim.

They do require a list of what is being insured.

I originally sent them a complete list of all books/collectibles I had and each year I send them an updated list of all books/collectibles added to the collection.

The lists of all books/collectibles is also kept by me on my computer and two separate flashdrives along with pictures of 3600 books.

2 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

+1

I have been using them since 2008.

They do not ask for appraisals, you need to determine an approximate value of your collection and you determine how much you would like to insure your books for, you can change that amount at any time as your collection/budget changes.

I currently have my collection insured for $30,000.00 and the cost is $150.00 per year, I have never had to file a claim.

They do require a list of what is being insured.

I originally sent them a complete list of all books/collectibles I had and each year I send them an updated list of all books/collectibles added to the collection.

The lists of all books/collectibles is also kept by me on my computer and two separate flashdrives along with pictures of 3600 books.

Dang!  That seems like a lot of work. 

17 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Dang!  That seems like a lot of work. 

Not if you are "Anal" with "OCD", then having all of "Your Ducks In A Row" and being "prepared for EVERY possibility" is the everyday norm.

Just remember, should something happen you will be dealing with an insurance company, time spent getting all of your lists/pics together now may save you a lot of grief later.

Originally I only had lists of the books/collectibles and only took pics of the newly added books/collectibles as they arrived until I decided to re-grade my entire collection 3 years ago, it was then that I made a detailed list of all of my books (Grades and Grader Notes) and took pics of the books, only took 6 month's, did anywhere from 5-15 books a day, 4-5 days a week.

These are two of the things I use in my thinking...

1)The best insurance is the insurance you have and never have to use, if you have to use it then something went wrong

If something goes wrong it is better to be prepared, just like renters/homeowners insurance, it is easy to say I had this or that but pics of your possessions make things much easier if you need to file a claim.

2)Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I couldn’t agree more, Marvelmaniac. I have been contemplating for years on doing this. I have not pulled the trigger, but due to recent purchases, I’m going to. As far as pictures go, just the cover or front and back? Thank you.

On 1/6/2019 at 3:09 PM, Otter1775 said:

I couldn’t agree more, Marvelmaniac. I have been contemplating for years on doing this. I have not pulled the trigger, but due to recent purchases, I’m going to. As far as pictures go, just the cover or front and back? Thank you.

I only took front cover pics with my phone, just something to show an actual date and ownership.

They told me if you put all of the pics/lists of a flashdrive and send it to them they will store it in your file so everyone will have a copy.

99% of the pics i post on this site are my actual books.

Edited by marvelmaniac