• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just bought Amazing Spider-man Issue 361 and 362 what plastic hardcover to you recommend so I don't go screw these books up
2 2

44 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

Anyway, What ISs your guys current most expensive comic you have in your portfolio or one you cherish the most in your collection? Currently I have The Colossal Conan Hardcover from 2013 and its OOP and worth over 1000 on Amazon. Unfortunately I open the shrink wrap. This was pure dumb luck buying this book because I was watching Conan with Arnold Schwarzenegger and liked the movie and wanted to  pick up the omnibus back then in 2014. Had no clue this would be this valuable.

Do you have a cat? You could use them for cat litter.

Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Do you have a cat? You could use them for cat litter.

Just a thought.

Oakman lines his birdcage with ASM #1's BitCoin

6 minutes ago, kav said:

My most valuable is probly Thor 165 $100 book.  I might have hidden gems I am unaware of due to not going thru my boxes for many years and stuff popping in value like one time I stumbled across I had first iron fist.

There are people here own Action #1 and ASM 300 orig art etc.

so if you think you have hidden gems wouldn't it be worth the effort to dig that box out and look and see if you got anything or worth?

2 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

so if you think you have hidden gems wouldn't it be worth the effort to dig that box out and look and see if you got anything or worth?

One day I plan to do that.  I have a lot of $50-$100 books and want to consolidate all my valuable books in one box.  Ps its 15 longboxes.

Edited by kav

9 minutes ago, kav said:

One day I plan to do that.  I have a lot of $50-$100 books and want to consolidate all my valuable books in one box.  Ps its 15 longboxes.

I'll give you 50.00 for the whole lot.:takeit:

8 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I'll give you 50.00 for the whole lot.:takeit:

Bah I'll give U 0.05c for your vampirilla #1

Edited by kav

20 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

Anyway, What is your guys current most expensive comic you have in your portfolio or one you cherish the most in your collection? Currently I have The Colossal Conan Hardcover from 2013 and its OOP and worth over 1000 on Amazon. Unfortunately I opened the shrink wrap. This was pure dumb luck buying this book because I was watching Conan with Arnold Schwarzenegger and liked the movie and wanted to  pick up the omnibus back then in 2014. Had no clue this would be this valuable.

just cause someone has listed it for sale on amazon for $1000 doesnt mean its WORTH that much...its only worth it if someone buys it at that price...

check sold ebay listings... that shows the book is selling for $350-450 with a couple of BINs at 500 and 650 thanks to their OOP status... but as we were saying elsewhere, if the publisher decides to do a second printing, the value drops fast

12 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

just cause someone has listed it for sale on amazon for $1000 doesnt mean its WORTH that much...its only worth it if someone buys it at that price...

check sold ebay listings... that shows the book is selling for $350-450 with a couple of BINs at 500 and 650 thanks to their OOP status... but as we were saying elsewhere, if the publisher decides to do a second printing, the value drops fast

I bought the book for 100 bucks in 2014 I specifically remember the price because no one would forget a book this gigantic. A value of 350-450 still a nice investment imo. I doubt anything this massive will get reprinted unless a new Conan movie comes out. Even then I don't think it will be reprinted. There isn't a huge allure to Conan so doesn't seem companies will waste money printing this enormous anvil of a book.

Edited by BITCOINSWAMI

10 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

I doubt anything this massive will get reprinted unless a new conan movie comes out. There isn't a huge allure to Conan so doesn't make sense to reprint that book right now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/conan-barbarian-comics-moving-back-marvel-1074351

"In a brief release, Marvel announced that it would publish Conan “comic book titles, collections [and] reprints” beginning January 2019"

Id say expect an omnibus this year... thou Im not sure what becomes of the reprint rights for the darkhorse issues...

Edited by miraclemet

2 hours ago, kav said:

You should have seen what it was like when I first started. lol 

Kav never started...he was always here. Like the sun and all the stars in the sky, Kav has and always will shine brightly. A beacon to guide all through the darkness of the cgc boards. (worship)

1 minute ago, Red84 said:

Kav never started...he was always here. Like the sun and all the stars in the sky, Kav has and always will shine brightly. A beacon to guide all through the darkness of the cgc boards. (worship)

He really was.

13 hours ago, miraclemet said:

THIS

I have seen sold Ebay auctions at $339.00 and $350.00.

13 hours ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

I bought the book for 100 bucks in 2014 I specifically remember the price because no one would forget a book this gigantic. A value of 350-450 still a nice investment imo. I doubt anything this massive will get reprinted unless a new Conan movie comes out. Even then I don't think it will be reprinted. There isn't a huge allure to Conan so doesn't seem companies will waste money printing this enormous anvil of a book.

I disagree with the bold part of your statement. There are a lot of Conan collectors on these boards, I am one of them.

I have a LOT of Conan comics, novels, magazines, statues, posters, original art, I even have a sword - the Atlantean. Many of the items I have are somewhat rare.

I agree with you though that they are unlikely to reprint that omnibus. Mostly because it is unlikely to sell well because most Conan collectors already have all of the books the omnibus reprints.

I personally find omnibus are to large and unwieldy and I don't like to buy them because you require a table to read them.

Edited by Artboy99

I almost forgot to answer your question as you got me into a Conan related tangent!

A regular bag and board will do. However if you really want to protect them then a fullback board in a mylite 2.

Edited by Artboy99