• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Slab or not to Slab?
3 3

777 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

NO!...NO!....NO!...NO!..........NO!!!!!!!

You should always.....always......and I mean ALWAYS.....end questions like this with the phrase "sonny boy".

Fail to do that again and you and I are going to have an unpleasant conversation.

Where's the floppy robot gone? Did the dog eat him?

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

NO!...NO!....NO!...NO!..........NO!!!!!!!

You should always.....always......and I mean ALWAYS.....end questions like this with the phrase "sonny boy".

Fail to do that again and you and I are going to have an unpleasant conversation.

lol “sonny boy”

Classic.

dang, I just read vol 1 for fun and didn't treat them like The Dead Sea Scrolls. I have vol 1 -3 . The  cat kinda tore up the dust jacket for vol 1, dust jacket for volume 2 and 3 are still sealed in plastic and great great shape. Plus I have the old school covers not the God Awful new artists covers. 

I'm too rough on stuff to be a collector of the ages, Buying books I'm interested in that are of value already slabbed is kinda what resort I have available. 

Edited by NoMan

47 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Where's the floppy robot gone? Did the dog eat him?

The robot is gone.  Don't you worry about what happened to the robot.  And the dog doesn't like questions.

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

The robot is gone.  Don't you worry about where the robot went.  And the dog doesn't like questions.

I wouldn't say I was worried as such. More inquisitive. He seemed a nice robot to me, in a sloppy kind of way. Now the Dog on the other hand, he seems troubled. Like he's trying to pass a square item out of a round hole. 

You're sure he never ate the robot?

10 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

You're sure he never ate the robot?

That's another question.  You're getting close to seeing the inside of my intestines where you can answer it for yourself.

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

That's another question.  You're getting close to seeing the inside of my intestines where you can answer it for yourself.

I see...

Maybe I'd find the duplicate post in there? Maybe that's what he ate. 

Anyway, nice doggie :eek: 

8 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I see...

Maybe I'd find the duplicate post in there? Maybe that's what he ate. 

Anyway, nice doggie :eek: 

Maybe you should go ahead and change your name to Become Feces & Poo.  No sense waiting until the last minute.

Now....where did I put that salt?

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

Maybe you should go ahead and change your name to Feces & Poo.  No sense waiting until the last minute.

Now....where did I put that salt?

On the 'a' that the dog ate? It would also explain his expression. 

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

This is the wrong forum to be asking this question.  We've said it a half a dozen times now, explore the boards and post your questions/comments in the correct area.  This is not the place to be asking for grades.  This is not the place to be asking to buy books.  If you want to buy books, use the link below and read the guidelines for use.  The learning curve for navigating boards shouldn't be this steep.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/50-comics-market-want-to-buy/

SOMEONE ASKED I ANSWERED 

52 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

On the 'a' that the dog ate? It would also explain his expression. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feces

Your spelling stinks as bad as you're going to.

56 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feces

Your spelling stinks as bad as you're going to.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/faeces

Call it a draw :wink:

On 1/11/2019 at 10:42 PM, lou_fine said:

All I can say is that for any collector who lists their collection into a open Registry for the entire world to see, including potential thieves:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01/09/1400000-batman-comics-stolen-storage-unit/?fbclid=IwAR1QMHQ5tOI1vMfCEjNWiGMEzTyVq97nrSVaJa9E98A9NbuGcRRXHOTGgvI

be sure to follow it up with the second part of the equation and keep them all tucked safely away in a storage security locker which any common thief would be able to break into at their own leisure.  doh!

Well pretty sure the thief saw this as well and if he is smart( most likey he is else he wouldn't steal comics and be that stupid to resell this exact slabs). He is going unslab all the comics and definitely worth the money shipping and fees and resend to cgc for grading but slowly over time and sell them. If he had over 1.4 million worth of comics his secruity and storage was poor that something of this value got He should of passed up on 2 or 3 comics and invest in a better security system or camera. 

Edited by BITCOINSWAMI

7 hours ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

Well pretty sure the thief saw this as well and if he is smart( most likey he is else he wouldn't steal comics and be that stupid to resell this exact slabs). He is going unslab all the comics and definitely worth the money shipping and fees and resend to cgc for grading but slowly over time and sell them. If he had over 1.4 million worth of comics his secruity and storage was poor that something of this value got He should of passed up on 2 or 3 comics and invest in a better security system or camera. 

You think a smart thief would unslab, then re-slab those books?  

:roflmao:

On 1/7/2019 at 12:59 PM, ExNihilo said:

Despite what the seller posts, you need to make your own informed decisions based on all the information provided. 

I disagree. While you should be informed as a buyer, if an auction clearly lists an item as "mint" and it is not "mint," you are perfectly within your right to request a refund. As a seller, I would get around this by saying the book "appears mint" but that I am not an experienced grader and cannot be certain. It's not the buyer's responsibility to evaluate whether the description is accurate or not. If someone sells a rolex on ebay as genuine and it turns out to be an obvious replica, it's not the buyer's fault for not realizing it's a replica before purchasing. if you purchase a book described as mint and it is a 6.0, I would absolutely request a refund. 

Edited by SBRobin

37 minutes ago, SBRobin said:

I disagree. While you should be informed as a buyer, if an auction clearly lists an item as "mint" and it is not "mint," you are perfectly within your right to request a refund. As a seller, I would get around this by saying the book "appears mint" but that I am not an experienced grader and cannot be certain. It's not the buyer's responsibility to evaluate whether the description is accurate or not. If someone sells a rolex on ebay as genuine and it turns out to be an obvious replica, it's not the buyer's fault for not realizing it's a replica before purchasing. if you purchase a book described as mint and it is a 6.0, I would absolutely request a refund. 

If you purchase a book as "mint", and the provided photos clearly demonstrate that it has a dozen spine dings and two major color breaking creases, the fault lies with you as the buyer.  Yeah, you'll get your money back for an "item not as described", but you've also wasted your time sending the money, getting the book, returning the book, then finally getting your money back. 

People, learn to grade.

9 hours ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:
On 1/11/2019 at 8:42 PM, lou_fine said:

All I can say is that for any collector who lists their collection into a open Registry for the entire world to see, including potential thieves:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01/09/1400000-batman-comics-stolen-storage-unit/?fbclid=IwAR1QMHQ5tOI1vMfCEjNWiGMEzTyVq97nrSVaJa9E98A9NbuGcRRXHOTGgvI

be sure to follow it up with the second part of the equation and keep them all tucked safely away in a storage security locker which any common thief would be able to break into at their own leisure.  doh!

Well pretty sure the thief saw this as well and if he is smart( most likey he is else he wouldn't steal comics and be that stupid to resell this exact slabs). He is going unslab all the comics and definitely worth the money shipping and fees and resend to cgc for grading but slowly over time and sell them.

Books of this magnitude (i.e. some with pedigree designations) will most likely have been auctioned off before through public auction sites.  As such, there will be detailed and tell tale scans of these books out there already.  I highly doubt the culprits will be able to send these books through to CGC for regrading (even slowly over time) without them being spotted by either somebody at CGC, or by the collecting base whenever they try to sell it through any of the public auction venues.  hm

From my personal point of view, it's only a matter of time before they are caught due to the type of books which this stolen collection was comprised of.  :taptaptap:  :wishluck: