• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Slab or not to Slab?
3 3

777 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, austinhg said:

The last Star Wars movie I watched was The Phantom Menace - at this point I'm too far behind to care about seeing any of them. Especially after reading what you all have to say about The Last Jedi.

The last I saw at the theater was Return of the Jedi. I liked 2 out of however many have been made and by no strange coincidence they are the oldest. I've seen a few of the newer ones thru rentals but I never finished watching them lol. If they could ever recreate the excitement that they did in 1980 i'd be willing to buy a ticket. But I won't hold my breath.

14 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

The last I saw at the theater was Return of the Jedi. I liked 2 out of however many have been made and by no strange coincidence they are the oldest. I've seen a few of the newer ones thru rentals but I never finished watching them lol. If they could ever recreate the excitement that they did in 1980 i'd be willing to buy a ticket. But I won't hold my breath.

i hated the first Star Wars in 1976 even at age 16 when i saw it at the theater,,

i thankfully fell asleep at the last Star Wars movie i went too about 20 yrs ago .. it was a wonderfully gratifying sleep and thankfully it lasted right until the end of the movie !!

never again ,,,, would much rather watch a blank screen.....

18 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Rogue One is one of the best Star Wars movies.  You should at least watch that.

It has a few great moments but even Rogue One is not that good.

The characters are all very weak and seem to have no emotion. Jyn Erso and Cassian are very flat characters and there is no emotional connection to them with regard to the viewer.

I also found the support characters to be very cliché and really had no business being in a Star Wars movie in particular Chirrrut Imwe: a blind guy with martial art skills that has some force sensitivity?...sort of a Matt Murdock of Star Wars.

The death of Saw Gerrara should have had meaning but it didn't because unless you know what he has done for the Rebels he is just a guy with some cheesy weird tentacle affliction who dies. Since Rogue One did little to explain anything about him other than a scene where he looks down into a missle silo the viewer has no emotional connection to him and his death is meaningless.

I may be in the minority but I didn't like Rogue One with exception of the excellent connection at the end of the film to A New Hope. I enjoyed seeing Darth Vader at his scariest.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:19 PM, miraclemet said:

if it comes back 9.4 or less it would not have been worth slabbing (just from a price point)

looks like 9.4 or less in the bag

Agreed.

Also, didn't realize that was posted a month ago...back to star wars

Edited by MadJimJaspers

Rouge One (Honest Trailers, anyone?) isn't great. It's your prototypical war flick. If you love Star Wars and war films, though, it's probably great to you (my best friend falls into this group). The characters aren't compelling like WWI/WWII characters can be, though. K2S0 is the best of the bunch, and it's a robot...

It's better than TLJ AINEC. It closes the major plot hole of A New Hope. It shows the Best of Darth Vader. It has things going for it. Anyone who loves the original trilogy, IMO, should see Rogue One. It's worth a watch or two.

Any new bags o' drek - I mean, mystery bags, Swami? Those are a hoot.

i ALERADY FOUND MY GEM MINT ASM 361 no need to troll alright? I have a better collection than you will ever dream off actually maybe not but I am happy with my current collection. I have been busy hustlin so unable to post on here my current hauls so far AND submitting my comics to CGC, just got my ASM 361 from CGC back and very pleased with the results!

IMG_9625.JPG.fc4d64f008baea042291728d639abadd.JPG

9 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

i ALERADY FOUND MY GEM MINT ASM 361 no need to troll alright? I have a better collection than you will ever dream off actually maybe not but I am happy with my current collection. I have been busy hustlin so unable to post on here my current hauls so far AND submitting my comics to CGC, just got my ASM 361 from CGC back and very pleased with the results!

IMG_9625.JPG.fc4d64f008baea042291728d639abadd.JPG

Again thats an old generation label...

Glad that you got the book that you wanted though...

4 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

THIS IS WHAT I GOT ? THEY SAID THEY RAN OUT OF OLD LABELS DUDE 

No worries. If you read what I said in the other thread, i have no beef, just wanted to know .... Glad that you got the book that you wanted :foryou:

It's easy enough for me to look up the cert number, but I'll trust you (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

THIS IS WHAT I GOT ? THEY SAID THEY RAN OUT OF OLD LABELS DUDE 

Make sure you buy the extra wide mouth shovel next time you're at Home Depot, your digging is going great...  

Certification #: 1360487016
Title: Amazing Spider-Man
Issue: 361
Issue Date: 4/92
Issue Year: 1992
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Grade: 9.8
Total Graded At: 2619
Page Quality: WHITE
Grade Date: 02/26/2016    <--------------
Category: Modern
Art Comments: David Michelinie story
Mark Bagley & Randy Emberlin cover & art
Key Comments: 1st full appearance of Carnage
(Cletus Kasady).
Grader Notes: None Available
Edited by mattn792

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Make sure you buy the extra wide mouth shovel next time you're at Home Depot, your digging is going great...  

IT WAS A JOKE DUDE RELAX I JUST BOUGHT THE SLAB FOR 359.99 ON EBAY, CGC I DONT WANT TO PAY FOR MEMBERSHIP AND THOSE INSANE FEES FOR SHIPPING, INUSRANCE, AND HANDLING FEES