• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Slab or not to Slab?
3 3

777 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

@mattn792 Just got my cage #1 which I got from a grab bag and for kicks got it slabbed too. My orginial one that was beat up I am keeping as a reader and slabbed the grab bag one!

Cage-1-CGC-94-Marvel-Comics-1992-LUKE.jpg

3 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

IT WAS A JOKE DUDE RELAX I JUST BOUGHT THE SLAB FOR 359.99 ON EBAY, CGC I DONT WANT TO PAY FOR MEMBERSHIP AND THOSE INSANE FEES FOR SHIPPING, INUSRANCE, AND HANDLING FEES 

So then how did you get this Cage #1 graded?

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I remember sleep walker, I traded his 1st appearance for the shroud #1 back in the day. It was at least less creepy to me at 11 or 12.. funny I never see them around anymore though...

THEN YOU WANT IT BRO ALL THE COMICS ARE VF  TO NM- but no book is worse than VF

Just now, BITCOINSWAMI said:

THEN YOU WANT IT BRO ALL THE COMICS ARE VF  TO NM- but no book is worse than VF

I've been doing the dollar dive at a used bookstore, holding out for certain issues of that era. They had a #1 of darkhawk but it was in bad shape...

8 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

:gossip:

Alright, I'll bail him out (you're 0 for 2 with the truth police @BITCOINSWAMI)...

Certification #: 1476553019
Title: Cage
Issue: 1
Issue Date: 4/92
Issue Year: 1992
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Grade: 9.4
Total Graded At: 8
Page Quality: WHITE
Grade Date: 02/13/2018    <------------------
Category: Modern
Art Comments:

Marc McLaurin story
Dwayne Turner & Christopher Ivy
cover & art

22 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've been doing the dollar dive at a used bookstore, holding out for certain issues of that era. They had a #1 of darkhawk but it was in bad shape...

WHATS YOUR OPINOIN OF COMIC BOOKS FROM HALF PRICE BOOKS I SEEN SOME HALF PRICE BOOKS THAT HAVE HUGE AMOUNTS OF COMICS IS ANY OF THEM WORTH A LOOK?

ITS CALLED A DAMNN JOKE YOU GUYS I WILL NEVER SLAB MY OWN BOOKS CGC ! ITS THE BIGGEST SCAM IN THE WORLD  ! ASKING THEM TO PAY OVER 50 DOLLARS TO PUT YOUR BOOK IN A SLEEVE THAT ONLY GOOD FOR 5 YEARS THEN REHOLDER AGAIN, IF I MADE A COMPANY THE SLAB I MAKE WOULD BE LIFE LONG ! UNTIL ITS OPEN

Just now, BITCOINSWAMI said:

WHATS YOUR OPINOIN OF COMIC BOOKS FROM HALF PRICE BOOKS I SEEN SOME HALF PRICE BOOKS THAT HAVE HUGE AMOUNTS OF COMICS IS ANY OF THEM WORTH A LOOK?

It's hit and miss, kind of like the local comic shop (LCS), it's more of a hassle to ask to see the comic to decide if the condition is right... :blush:

Feel free to post your ASM 361 and the other in this week in your collection thread :foryou:

Then maybe this thread goes away, no one has to know, eh?

TRUTH POLICE :martini:

4 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

ITS CALLED A DAMNN JOKE YOU GUYS I WILL NEVER SLAB MY OWN BOOKS CGC ! ITS THE BIGGEST SCAM IN THE WORLD  ! ASKING THEM TO PAY OVER 50 DOLLARS TO PUT YOUR BOOK IN A SLEEVE THAT ONLY GOOD FOR 5 YEARS THEN REHOLDER AGAIN, IF I MADE A COMPANY THE SLAB I MAKE WOULD BE LIFE LONG ! UNTIL ITS OPEN

Image result for how to be funny steve allen

55 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

GRAB BAG LOT ON THE MARKET FOR SALE GUYS 

s-l1600.jpg

Who on EARTH do you expect to want to deal with you? You're an absolute nightmare as a buyer, let alone what you could even conceivably do as a seller. There's just no way I'd put myself through that for your curated selection of 25 cent bin rejects. 

1 hour ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

@mattn792 i ALERADY FOUND MY GEM MINT ASM 361 no need to troll alright? I have a better collection than you will ever dream off actually maybe not but I am happy with my current collection. I have been busy hustlin so unable to post on here my current hauls so far AND submitting my comics to CGC, just got my ASM 361 from CGC back and very pleased with the results!

3 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Who on EARTH do you expect to want to deal with you? You're an absolute nightmare as a buyer, let alone what you could even conceivably do as a seller. There's just no way I'd put myself through that for your curated selection of 25 cent bin rejects. 

:news:  His collection is better than mine.  Just ask him.  

29 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

A sleeve that is only good for 5 years ? Where did you hear that rubbish ? Not true at all.  Maybe somebody was pulling a joke on YOU !

39 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

If you hate them why are you using their message boards? What horrific round of Russian roulette did we lose that means you're still here? 

Just now, Mecha_Fantastic said:

If you hate them why are you using their message boards? What horrific round of Russian roulette did we lose that means you're still here? 

And if they're a scam, then why is buying their finished product better than sending in your own stuff for their service? :facepalm: