• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Slab or not to Slab?
3 3

777 posts in this topic

I took it off an eBay listing. The back cover seems fine.. I would imagine it's probably the first few page that got the 'mite treatment... a restoration job would def be better than what it looks like now.. 

some sellers out there sell single pages.. even panels off popular books and you'd be surprised at the money their getting 

12 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

if it were a personal copy-- I could see cobbling together some sort of restoration project out of it. That type of damage to the top makes me think that many of the pages are fused together though. It would be interesting to look at it raw and page through it. I don't think I've ever read that comic (never a big new X-men fan).

It's a very good comic. A definite classic. 

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Nova #1 ? What year is this? Your timing is way off - do you only buy books that are peaking in price?

also-- that only one person has reported you is amazing to me. You've earned plenty more

I wana nova #1 nothing more no reasoning I only collect "keys" and should be in my budget.

3 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Like this Gem?

x-men2.jpg

wow-- slabbing that book is almost criminal

I think my cousins collection of early X-men had more to do with my liking that version of the title. It was kind of short lived and I never went deep into collecting it. When the new team came along, I did buy the books from the rack-- but rarely had time to read them. Sold that small set of books (6 or 7 in the high 90s through low 100s) in the mid 1980s for what seemed like decent money. Later I checked to see if I had sold away some awesome books-- there were a couple but mostly they were average ones. I think most of the keys sold out before I had a chance to see them on the rack which I would buy out every Marvel title from every month-- but missing some of those books did not bother me-- I was more into Thor and Daredevil

10 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

At this point it would be better to cut the book in half even that would be more presentable 

It would probably only be half as irritating to read.  :cool:

Latest HAUL when todd MacFarlane,  Jamie Foxx movie is a hit this will worth tons ! I got newstand rare variant in decent condition for the price while all the trek non upc is plenty !!!! Will post once I get the package!  Next Month Nova #1 is on my list,  screw brie larson and Captain Marvel that movie is gonna tank so bad ! ( thats why i didnt touch that with a 10 foot pool ) 

20190217_034919.jpg

20190217_034900.jpg

Edited by BITCOINSWAMI