• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Slab or not to Slab?
3 3

777 posts in this topic

You know what's a weird word?

Phoney

Why does it have the word "phone" in it? Does it have to do with rotary phones?

If I say something is dusty, it has something to do with dust right?

Then there is the phrase phoney bologna, food for thought :popcorn:

17 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

But I bagged and boarded this right off the newstand. Is CGC ripping me off here ? This should be Gem Mint.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

I can see a blonde mustache in the reflection. 

Though I don’t know how that’s relevant.

Edited by dfx1

12 minutes ago, comics4all said:

10.0 Ultra mint! Highest graded copy of that book! 

Well it was listed as MINT when i bought it and these were the same pics from the seller. It also said something about "carnage".

I contacted the seller and said "some people on a comic book message board said this is not a "MINT" book and i feel like you deceived me and would like my money back." 

he said "oh I'm sorry, do you NOT know how to grade or look at the the pics?"

i said "i bought your book so i can flip it in the future when "carnage" movie comes out in the next decade and feel like the pics shouldn't matter, plus i asked some people on a message board."

he said "ok send it back".

what he didn't know was that i READ the book before i sent it back! haha on him! what a dummy im i right riiiiiight!!!!

so with my money back i went and bought another copy and i think its a NM book but I've NEVER seen a book look like this but ill keep it as a "reader...(whatever that means)"! could anyone here please grade this one for me??? 

If only the boards offered a thread or forum where i can get a census of a grade..HELLO ADMIN WAKE UP!!!!!!

im also going to post some pics of a grab bag i bought for $3.99 plus $3 for shipping! 

did i pay to much for shipping :pullhair: man i don't know!

i feel like im making some great friends here but no-one follows me am i doing something wrong? im only asking questions.im new to trying to flip comics like everyone else but i think i can grade better. its hard being me, anyway.

i feel there should be a forum for that as well.

also i just got funded to do a docu-series on netflix on how some insufficiently_thoughtful_persons at a comic book grading company just dont hand out gem mint 10s when they come off the press. and i want to expose how they charge for "pressing"a comic when you can just use a heavy book laid on top of a comic...i mean i smell a scam! I don't think it will be all that hard, i saw on a film making message board that its easy.

well ill see everyone in a little while i just got a few NEAR MINT/MINT books in see you all later :hi:

Scan 2019-1-16 22.13.24 1.jpg

4 hours ago, dfx1 said:

I can see a blonde mustache in the reflection. 

Though I don’t know how that’s relevant.

A solid 'stache adds at least a half a grade to any book.  Have a Gem Mint 10.0 and a mustache that would make even Burt Reynolds jealous?  Well, you just got yourself an Uber Gem Mint 11.0 my friend!

11 hours ago, Raze said:

Well it was listed as MINT when i bought it and these were the same pics from the seller. It also said something about "carnage".

I contacted the seller and said "some people on a comic book message board said this is not a "MINT" book and i feel like you deceived me and would like my money back." 

i said "i bought your book so i can flip it in the future when "carnage" movie comes out in the next decade and feel like the pics shouldn't matter, plus i asked some people on a message board."

what he didn't know was that i READ the book before i sent it back! haha on him! what a dummy im i right riiiiiight!!!!

so with my money back i went and bought another copy and i think its a NM book but I've NEVER seen a book look like this but ill keep it as a "reader...(whatever that means)"! could anyone here please grade this one for me??? 

If only the boards offered a thread or forum where i can get a census of a grade..HELLO ADMIN WAKE UP!!!!!!

im also going to post some pics of a grab bag i bought for $3.99 plus $3 for shipping! 

i feel like im making some great friends here but no-one follows me am i doing something wrong? im only asking questions.im new to trying to flip comics like everyone else but i think i can grade better. its hard being me, anyway.

also i just got funded to do a docu-series on netflix on how some insufficiently_thoughtful_persons at a comic book grading company just dont hand out gem mint 10s when they come off the press. and i want to expose how they charge for "pressing"a comic when you can just use a heavy book laid on top of a comic...i mean i smell a scam! I don't think it will be all that hard, i saw on a film making message board that its easy.

well ill see everyone in a little while i just got a few NEAR MINT/MINT books in see you all later :hi:

What you just said is a good summary for the past 18 pages! :roflmao:

12 hours ago, Raze said:

^^

18 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

But I bagged and boarded this right off the newstand. Is CGC ripping me off here ? This should be Gem Mint.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

No no no. :( Someone didn't submit this book for grading. Is this what happens when you mix beer and submissions?

2 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

No no no. :( Someone didn't submit this book for grading. Is this what happens when you mix beer and submissions?

Nope, it's what happens when you ship your books to CGC in a regular envelope with no bag or board and no cardboard sandwich.

:D

22 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

s-l1600 (2).jpg

label mistake, the decimal needs to be moved over so that it reads 10.0.

I am sure PGX can do that for you.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:56 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

s-l1600 (2).jpg

First of all Bonner-Bob, welcome to the CGC Boards. It's always great to have new blood here, so welcome! I can see you're a new collector, and I hope you enjoy dipping your toes into the CGG graded waters. 

As to your book, Uncanny X-Men #122 as pictured above, it actually has a few flaws holding it back, many of which are not apparent at first glance. These flaws are immediately visible to those of us with experience, however. If you look at the book closely and examine it with a critical eye, you'll see it actually has the following flaws holding it back- I see 2 small colour-breaking creases. I would surmise that they are what held your book back on grading day. 

Might I suggest a press to try and combat those rascally CBC's, and realise the full potential of your book. 

Exelcesior! 

Just got my spider-man mystery grab-bag from ebay for 9.99

20190118_022641.thumb.jpg.1008208d23b05b14d84b9565a2a6dae4.jpg

20190118_022807.thumb.jpg.0cf97576bcfcc99fb2c5ffa550660e44.jpg

WTF IS THIS I HAVE 3 COMICS WITH THE BACK COVER LOOKS LIKE ITS CUT IT DOESN'T STAY FLUSH IS THIS SELLER SCAMMING ME? SHOULD I RETURN THIS?

3 COMICS HAVE THIS BACK THAT DOESN'T GO ALL THE WAY TO THE EDGE TO STAY FLUSH WITH THE PAGES!!!!!!!! RETURNING ASAP, I HAVEN'T OPENED ANY OF THE BOOKS WILL ASK FOR REFUND

20190118_022650.jpg