• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Flash of Two Worlds display - how many board members love Flash #123?
1 1

59 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, bocabill said:

27654769_1694427850615905_4992942566637647604_n.jpg

Beautiful display but I would use the backboard that comes with the statue to enhance this awesome Silver Age diorama done by Bruckner. As someone mentioned before, it might be a good idea to keep the Flash 123 comic out of constant light. This statue is also cold cast porcelin and hand painted, which will become even more sought after over time since the nearly all the stuff today is resin and machine painted. Now you need to add the following DC Direct diorama statues: Detective Comics 38; Brave and the Bold 28; and Action Comics 252. All of these are awesome!

Thanks for your input and feedback. I have it in my office in a large, recessed bookcase shelf, which is dark, and there is no direct sunlight hitting the comic. Which backboard are you referring to? I don't recall anything like this coming with my statue but if it did, it might be inside the box but I don't recall there being anything like that. The box is stored away and impossible for me to check right now. However, I couldn't think of a better backdrop for this statue then the actual comic itself which even has an orange rubber "bumper" around the CGC holder that matches the orange bricks in the statue.

Edited by bocabill

Very impressive, but you keep your 9.4 #123 displayed out in the light all the time?!

I have it in my office in a large, recessed bookcase shelf, which is dark, and there is no direct sunlight hitting the comic.

Edited by bocabill

1 minute ago, bocabill said:

Thanks for your input and feedback. I have it in my office which is dark, and there is no direct sunlight hitting the comic. Which backboard are you referring to? I don't recall anything like this coming with my statue but if it did, it might be inside the box but I don't recall there being anything like that. The box is stored away and impossible for me to check right now. However, I couldn't think of a better backdrop for this statue then the actual comic itself which even has an orange rubber "bumper" around the CGC holder that matches the orange bricks in the statue.

Check the box- there's a cardboard background that replicates the original cover to make it 3-dimensional. Then you can place the book adjacent to it rather than behind.

3 hours ago, bocabill said:

Very impressive, but you keep your 9.4 #123 displayed out in the light all the time?!

I have it in my office in a large, recessed bookcase shelf, which is dark, and there is no direct sunlight hitting the comic.

Be careful though, your artificial room light could be damaging the book...

Edited by pemart1966

On 1/4/2019 at 10:23 PM, bocabill said:

27654769_1694427850615905_4992942566637647604_n.jpg

One of my all time faves! Such a cool statue! I would love to help start this 123 dialog. Its been years since I owned one and im hoping i will get one this year. How do you all feel about its current value? Overpriced, underpriced? MCS had about 8 for sale last week.

14 hours ago, bocabill said:

Is this the backdrop insert that you guys mentioned I should use instead of displaying the comic? I found this inside the statue's box. It is hardly the heavy cardboard stock that they claim it to be though.

49844953_749137422146262_5279250852509384704_n.jpg

Try inserting the backing in the slot at the backend of the diorama where it was designed to go. 

2 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

Try inserting the backing in the slot at the backend of the diorama where it was designed to go. 

Thanks so much for telling me about this. Of course D.C. Direct never mentions anything on the box as far as instructions go.

49465034_749562915437046_5596667837834854400_n.jpg

I wish it was a little more affordable. I loved this issue so much simply because it brought my favorite golden age character back from oblivion. Before the significance of the multi-verse part of that story, having the issue where Jay Gerrick returned was a must for my collection. In the 90's while making a second attempt to complete the run I came across one in North Hollywood. It was probably a 7-8, beautiful copy! Wait for it....as I recall it was about $80-100 bucks!! Of course I bought it and was thrilled to finally have one. About a year or so later I came across another one, about a 3.0-4.0 I bought it as a reading copy😄 for about...wait for it...$30-40 bucks!!! Unfortunately I had to sell both of them with most of my SA collection in 2000. This will be the year I finally get one for my current collection!

1 hour ago, bocabill said:

Thanks so much for telling me about this. Of course D.C. Direct never mentions anything on the box as far as instructions go.

49465034_749562915437046_5596667837834854400_n.jpg

DC Direct did unusual things back then. Let me suggest that you place the backing board into a Mylar or mylite- has a nice glossy effect. Remember to keep the box in great condition- it's beautiful to also display.

Edited by bronze johnny

I have the box in a cool dry room with no direct sunlight and the display looks good as it is because it already has a factory crease in it from some insufficiently_thoughtful_person at D.C. Direct not being careful while handling it, so as long as the comic and statue are perfect, I will leave it be. Also, it's possible that any mylar or mylite sleeve might create a reflection or glare which would detract from the diorama's presentability.