• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Flash of Two Worlds display - how many board members love Flash #123?
1 1

59 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2019 at 2:44 PM, bocabill said:

I paid $15,000 for my CGC 9.4 and I am shocked that no one else came in at the end to outbid me, since I know that I would never be able to replace the book for that price again. Current market value on this book in CGC 9.4 is about $20,000.

You are a fortunate Flash Fan Indeed!

besides the first mention of the idea of two worlds (that's what I'm told, never personally searched the whole of science fiction to see if this is factual) the story is, em, kinda weak. :fear:

And yes I have a 6.5 and love it. 

1 hour ago, bocabill said:

I found this t-shirt from the San Diego Comic Con in 2000 to go along with my comic and statue display. It is a very rare find and also my size XXL.

s-l1600-356.jpg

s-l1600-355.jpg

That is an awesome find!!! Now I got to try and find one... Maybe I should get a #123 first LOL!

2 hours ago, bocabill said:

I found this t-shirt from the San Diego Comic Con in 2000 to go along with my comic and statue display. It is a very rare find and also my size XXL.

s-l1600-356.jpg

s-l1600-355.jpg

Carmine Infantino was signing those in San Diego he did so for my two children 

9 hours ago, comicjack said:

sorry i no longer have them they were not easy on those shirts :cry:

I believe John Broome was there that year too, or was it 1999? How amazing it would be to meet them both! I would like to hear what they had to say about creating Flash 123.

Edited by flashlites
edit

On 1/11/2019 at 2:34 PM, flashlites said:

Seeing it out of a bag is making me nervous LOL :ohnoez:It does have a bag and board right? Love that cover...its a classic!

Bags n boards? Nah, I just leave these laying around on the back of the toilet for reading material or in case I run out of paper at an unfortunate time.

:jokealert:

2 hours ago, burntboy said:

Here’s a Group shot of some of My slabbed collection.  All of these were bought off the shelf when they first came out.

One of the 123’s is My OO and the other purchased about 10-12 years ago.

9DE2FFEF-0B45-4BF3-A057-BD7D67D6691C.jpeg

Did you get them from Sid's Luncheonette?

On 1/5/2019 at 7:09 PM, bocabill said:

It's not fluorescent lighting, only incandescent high hats that have dimmers on them. And I keep them off most of the time and the wood blinds closed.

Damage from all light is cumulative.  Please keep it in a cool, dark, dry environment.  Use a color copy of the cover!