• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there any Everett Raymond Kinstler SS books?

7 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, CardiacKid1 said:

I had to look him up.  A comic book artist who painted Ronald Reagan’s official portrait!  I love it!

Just a few of his comic book works. He worked on many genres - lots of Avon books before moving into portrait illustrations.  He is still living I believe (92 years old).

There is a great thread in the GA forum celebrating his work.

20190103_133431.thumb.jpg.228afe12ceab9ada2dfbd01bfa78fe0a.jpg20190103_133414.thumb.jpg.dd928f1fd7cbe1af81d8d51aaeef4ec1.jpg

0104161358571.jpg

2807181901291.jpg

I am guessing the answer is no SS books.  It would be cool to set up something if he were inclined.  One of the few remaining links to the GA.  

I found this book that sold on HA - A sig on the slab

5517771%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=ur

And if anyone is interested here is the thread in GA with lots of his comic work.  HA has sold some of his OA as well.  

On 1/5/2019 at 8:56 AM, telerites said:

?

As a famous portrait artist, I doubt that he is out there attending conventions and promoting his old comic work. I've never seen him do a show or a public appearance of any kind that related to comics. 

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

As a famous portrait artist, I doubt that he is out there attending conventions and promoting his old comic work. I've never seen him do a show or a public appearance of any kind that related to comics. 

Hi Sean :hi:

I noticed in the thread in the GA forum that I linked to above, someone said, "My wife runs into him every year at the Portrait Society of America conference.   He speaks very fondly of his comic book days." and then I saw the signed slab so I thought maybe he would be willing.  The post I quoted was from Summer of 2018 so fairly recent.  I also noticed someone had him a raw book at the SDCC but that was in 2006 so I doubt he still attends.  

But it sounds like he is proud of his comic days and not averse to signing his comic work.  

In any event, thought it would be cool to have some of mine signed even though I have gotten out of SS collecting but I would always go after any GA creator that is still around and willing.  

Hope all is well and Happy New Year!

5 minutes ago, telerites said:

Hi Sean :hi:

I noticed in the thread in the GA forum that I linked to above, someone said, "My wife runs into him every year at the Portrait Society of America conference.   He speaks very fondly of his comic book days." and then I saw the signed slab so I thought maybe he would be willing.  The post I quoted was from Summer of 2018 so fairly recent.  I also noticed someone had him a raw book at the SDCC but that was in 2006 so I doubt he still attends.  

But it sounds like he is proud of his comic days and not averse to signing his comic work.  

In any event, thought it would be cool to have some of mine signed even though I have gotten out of SS collecting but I would always go after any GA creator that is still around and willing.  

Hope all is well and Happy New Year!

Same to you!!